+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default We're weaning!! :(

So the last two days mr magoo hasn't had any boob before bed, I don't even know what possesed me to decide to stop!!

Every now and then I sometimes say to him 'no boob, you're a big boy now' to test the waters and see where he's at, so I tried on Tuesday night and he whinged for half a minute then went to sleep 10 minutes later with no boob ... Nap time and last night were a bit more upsetting for him but he got through it and went to sleep ... I never imagined he'd ever do that!! Lol

I had always planned that I would leave the decision up to him, and for some reason it's really bugging me that it was MY decision I caved and gave him some when he woke this morning, he hadn't even asked for it but by jingoes he was so stoked to get some!

So I'm going to keep not feeding him his sleepy feeds and just give him the morning one and then phase that one out ...

I'm so excited that someone else will be able to put him to bed coz he won't need boob! But so sad at the same time!!

Someone please tell be I'm normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    it is sad when you stop but at the same time it's great to have your boobs back! Good on you for going this long, your DS is a lucky boy

And yep, not having to feed to sleep ROCKS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He just kicked me out of bed and went to sleep with his papa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww hugs. How old is he? Sounds like he is ready if he's not making a fuss. Im wondering when my 25 month old is going to stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post
    Aww hugs. How old is he? Sounds like he is ready if he's not making a fuss. Im wondering when my 25 month old is going to stop.
    He's nearly 29 months ... It's such a huge mix of emotions for me ... I didn't think I'd be this emotional!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's very normal. I had tried to wean my ds for months without success then he weaned himself completely in 48 hours and I was a mess. I was about to return to full time work so I thought I wanted him to wean, but when it actually happened I was quite upset. It's such a bonding time, it's hard to give up. But, as time passed I realised I could still spend special time with my ds in so many ways and I could sleep and he could sleep without me having to wake him for a feed before I went to work/etc. I was sad, but it did get easier.

Now, I realised this morning that my dd is 9 months old and my goal is to feed her to 12 months and I really don't want to stop from an emotional perspective. Especially as this is my last baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that's what I'm worried about, the bonding time, especially with him being such a daddy's boy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awwww, well done on such a long feeding time.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awww magooey, your a legend , you've fed so long and given ferret such beautiful cuddles, nourishment and bonding moments through your breastfeeding relationship . You should be SO PROUD ! Your such an awesome mum :-)

I don't want to say too much , you know I've never breastfed so I won't pretend to understand how you feel but you seem to have really picked the perfect moment , the little resistance he's shown seems to me to mean that it is indeed a mutual decision even if you feel like your the one that made it :-)

Xxoo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

austmum  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kitty and myztic ...

Well, tonight he asked once, I said no, and he didn't even blink!