+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Therapeutic means to correct a pathology (as defined in the International Classification of Diseases - Australian Modified) such as phimosis or recurrent balanitis. Non-therapeutic circumcisions are routine/ritual and are coded differently (Z14.2 in the ICD system). My OP dealt with therapeutic circumcisions only -- you may want to carefully reread it. My subsequent post simply added the Z14.2 procedures for adults in 2010.

The statistics I've provided have nothing to do with Medicare numbers or payment methods. Any adult undergoing a surgical procedure will be recorded in these numbers, including you .
    If you think I've made an error in my data extraction and analysis, feel free to do your own. What is not valid, however, is simply to assert it underestimates the number of procedures without providing any evidence.
    BenTas had a post about all the issues he had prior to circing, I don't think his was a ritual circ.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    His was a routine circ, according to his posts so far. No hint of any pathology, rather it was a matter of psychological issues, as he tells it.

... at the age where I was meant to be discoving sex and having fun, I instead became very self-conscious about my penis
    And that's okay. No one is arguing against the right of adults to engage in bodily modification.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    His was a routine circ, according to his posts so far. No hint of any pathology, rather it was a matter of psychological issues, as he tells it.

And that's okay. No one is arguing against the right of adults to engage in bodily modification.
    Ah, righto.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for clearing that up for me John, that makes more sense.

In that case I'm not too sure what my op would have fallen in to. Bit of both? Regardless to this topic never the less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This thread has been the subject of comment at

Intactivists of Australasia, and

Circumcision Information Australia

Follow the links to read their thoughts. I am not associated with either site.
    Last edited by JohnC; 27-07-2012 at 14:49. Reason: corrected site name

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnC For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-07-2012),Chew the Mintie  (02-09-2012)