+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Multiple C-sections??

Ok, so I’m debating between a VBAC and a 2nd C-section. I’m really not bent on doing one or the other, because in my experience, both have their advantages and disadvantages.

My question, though, is how a 2nd C-section affects your body in future pregnancies. Granted, this is bub #5 for me, and may very well be my last. But that’s not a definite, so I’d like to get this question answered on the off-chance we will have a 6th.

Have any of you had more than 2 C-sections and, if so, what problems did you have as a result?

Thanks heaps, guys!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lolly137; 17-09-2015 at 20:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had 4 c/s (in just under 5 years) and had no negative affects during each subsequent pregnancy. I found towards the end of each pregnancy got a bit harder each time, but I think that's more to do with muscles, ligaments etc being stretched/softer from previous pregnancies rather than from c/s. So for me a 2nd (and 3rd!) c/s didn't affect my body in future pregnancies.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm set to have my 5th c-section in December and all my c-sections have been uncomplicated. I think they have got easier as I went along but I may just be lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by my-fab4 View Post
    ... all my c-sections have been uncomplicated. I think they have got easier as I went along ...
    Ditto exactly!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fullstop View Post
    Ditto exactly!!
    I think you learn more about how to help the recovery process after each c-section so by the time you get to your 4th you know what you are doing.

I know of a lady who just had her 11th c-section this year and that's after having a classical cut somewhere along the line. I have been told by this lady that one of the most important things with having multiple c-section is having an understanding and supportive OB that knows you want more children....she said this will make the difference in how they finish up your c-section. I know this isn't everything as other factors such as luck comes into it too but I just thought I would mention it for those considering multiple c-sections. I did a lot of research before I fell pregnant with #5 and even had the support of my OB so it is not a decision to be taken lightly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my 4 th c section 4 months ago!! final one
    My body has handled them all well!! It did take a little longer to get to the baby as after multiple sections things get fused together!!
    My recoveries have all been pretty easy except for the last one I had some issues with pain - turns out my doc has pulled stitches too tight on one end so it caused pain too walk for about 3 weeks!!
    Other than that it was a good recovery!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah awesome info!! Thanks heaps guys

I think I'll go into this as if we probably will have #6. That way we know going in what we're looking at
    Thanks again!!