+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay, that's great you chose Tassie!

Suggestions would be...

Richmond - There is a super fun maze for kids, a place called Zoodoo where they can see animals and watch shetland ponies race, an old jail which is said to be haunted, Australias oldest bridge, beautiful places to stay, a 'sweets and treats' store that the whole family will love, and lots of quaint little shops that sell items made from Tasmanian woods. It's 20 minutes from Hobart.

Launceston - I'm not so familiar with Launy but there are lots of great touristy places to go to there as well. Penny Royal world was a lot of fun when I was a child.

Port Arthur - Before the massacre it was a humbling experience to walk around the old jail and see how the prisoners lived. Since the massacre it is even more of a humbling experience. There is a beautiful memorial to those who died. You can also do a cruise or take a guided tour. They also put on a ghost tour in the evenings which is fun.

Have fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. See the thread - Tasmanians help me with my itinerary please - for some great tips on where to go and stay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like you have decided but we are heading up to gc in August ... We are staying at paradise resort in surfers ... It is a kid resort ... We waited till last minute and are paying $120pm for accomm (there is 4 of us!) and this was with a room pool view upgrade. They have their own adventure playground, water park and kids club (don't think we will use that one though!). We paid $80 each for flights from melb!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to tassie last year for my honeymoon, it was amazing!! If you want to travel around a bit just bare in mind that it can be a lot of driving to get to places - and often it is just wilderness - amazing scenery but you may need to have stuff in the car to entertain the young kids.

Hobart & Launceston are great and probably heaps to do for the kids.

Strahan was awesome and there is a Gordon River Cruise & Wilderness Railway leaving from there which are really worthwhile doing. Plus there is an awesome lolly shop, lol.

Cataract Gorge might be worth a visit - there is a long suspension bridge & one of those sky-chair ride things which the kids might be into. Plus it's really beautiful scenary for you adults.