+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Advice please :)

Hi everyone I am after some helpful tips on travelling with dd who is 14months old. She loves walking and running around and is generally full of beans and not a great sleeper at night. We fly out to Italy on Saturday and will have a 27 hour flight plus a brief stop over in between.

Do you have any tips for me? Pleaseeee! She isn't interested in TV for longer than a couple of minutes and she is very active so not too sure how it's going to go. We will have family with us to help but I'm a bit worried that she will just throw tantys the whole time .

Any advice is very much appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I have family in Perth (we're in Sydney). I worked myself up into such a state about flying with DD - then 15 months old - I was pleasantly surprised at how good she was.

Friends of ours just came back from Hawaii with their 2yo DD, they said the same thing. I think parents always imagine worst case scenario, which doesn't always happen!

Only tips I can give are food/drink/dummy for take off and landing, and don't be afraid to take LO for a walk on the plane - everyone else will be doing the same thing

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eviezmum For This Useful Post:

CakeyLoaf  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We flew to Hawaii with a 14 month old. It was okay, unfortunately she didn't sleep much. I found that little pots of play doh, a small etcher sketch, pencils and scribble book kept her entertained for a good period of time. Lots of food. Walks up and down the plane were had often. Good luck, hope you have a lovely time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

CakeyLoaf  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buy a large pencil case and 27 tiny toys. They don't need to be expensive but if you pull a new thing out of the case every hour (or whenever a meltdown appears to be imminent) it will distract her for a while and any time things get bad a distraction is a godsend. She will then have lots of little toys for the holiday which is handy too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

Baracuda  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! I'm currently in Italy with my 19months old (18months when we left Oz tho) and then best advise I can give u is to give ur DD panadol just b4 u board t plane and about 45mins from landing. Also take lots of snacks ur DD will enjoy!!
    I only took a few new cheap toys and books on t plane- the sticker book was a hit!!
    I also travelled with family and finally we worked out the best seating combo- try and get seats located away from each other. When everyone is together my DD gets too excited and doesn't settle. Also with seating apart, it means you can take time out for a few hours whilst someone else entertains ur DD.
    Finally, don't be afraid of walking up and down t plane!!
    Enjoy ur holiday- ours is coming to an end tomorrow ;-( the weather is very hot here also!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparky111 For This Useful Post:

CakeyLoaf  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again for the replies

She ended up being great! The way there we had some issues but coming back she just slept and chilled out.