+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Paediatricians in Brisbane for 9 year old

Hi my son is nearly 9, he still wets the bed every night, he hasn't learnt a thing at school despite having help from the special needs teacher and the literacy and numeracy program. He makes high pitched noises all the time, constant whistling, has no concept of danger or consequences. Does anyone know of and recommend any paediatricians in Brisbane or Brisbane North ? I don't know where to start...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We go through dr Tony Prado at south Brisbane (mater) very good and has the best reputation in brissy. Takes a long time to get into him initially but once your in he is really good and his staff are brilliant. He is private. Each appointment is about the standard cost $160-$180. Every professional I have spoken to knows him and can't speak highly enough.

Wish you all the best and hugs. Not knowing is always a worry too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advise, do you know about how long the wait is ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mike McGill at Northwest private is fantastic for developmental issues. We took my DS to see him when he was 7 with learning issues and bed wetting and came away with good practical advice and a way forward to deal with it.

Hes private - waiting times were about 3 weeks for new consults I think

Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Toomanyboys For This Useful Post:

Shannie1981  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For dr Prado it was about a 3months wait. However my daughter was put on his urgent list as she had breathing issues and it was bought forward with a month wait all the same (he was away for 2 of those weeks). Now that we are a patient we can call him and be squeezed in as early as a week in advance. He doesn't beat around the bush, he tells it as it is.

You need to go to your gp first and get a refferal. Take all the suggestions from this thread in with you (i am sure you will get more) and ask your gp's oppionion on who will probably suit your childs needs best.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

Shannie1981  (20-06-2012)