+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Screeching Baby, Screaming Toddler!

Whenever my 8 month old screeches with excitement or frustration, my toddler screams holding his ears and cries! If baby keeps screeching, toddler has a melt down screaming crying and kicking on the floor..... help!!!

Can you imagine how horrid this is in the car... urgh!!

I've tried telling baby and demonstrating quiet voices but he's much too young to understand. Anyone got some sanity savers for me please!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    headphones for you?

sorry no real help but I hope it resolves soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope nothing to help but I sympathise!

DD is 7 months and has this high pitched screech that she does and DS2 (5 yo) cant stand it. He covers his ears too and cries and the more bubs screams the more DS2 cries.

It sucks, particularly in the car! Sorry I dont have a solution but I have the same problem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ear muffs for the toddler???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have the same issue here with my 8mo and my 5yo. Tonight my 8mo was in her exercauser bouncing and squealing (thankfully from delight) and my tired 5yo was screaming and covering his ears and then reaching for the tv remote to turn up the tv! In amongst this I was madly trying to clean the kitchen and cook dinner.

I find my 8mo dd does sometimes respond to a firm 'no' when she squeals ... it works for a few seconds anyway (and those seconds of silence do count). And then I need to work out why she's squealing and deal with it - usually she's tired (she was tired a few days ago and squealed most of the day - painful!), but she is sometimes letting me know she's hungry or bored too. So, I need to provide her with plenty of sleep and food. Lots of finger food in the highchair helps to keep her quiet.

As for my 5yo we have discussions about how him screaming doesn't help the situation and how he can help calm the baby by speaking calmly and quietly. And as shown by my ds's bad behaviour tonight he's a lot worse when he's tired (as am I for that matter). So, making sure he's had plenty of rest is important for his ability to cope with Little Miss Squealer!

Don't accept it though, keep dealing with it as best you can.