+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello from Williamtown: I still don't fit into the defence scene :D

edit
    Last edited by JJJRain-crew; 24-08-2012 at 17:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I guess not then! Guess I am just one of a kind haha! O well, as Dr Suess says: "Why fit in when you were born to stand out" LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! I am moving to Williamtown area in October/november!! I've been around the Defence scene for nearly 12 years and never actively got involved. DH is doing a 2-3year stint at Williamtown.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kpet For This Useful Post:

JJJRain-crew  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we will end up in Medowie, well i hope we do. That's what early indications are anyway. Apparently DHA have sold a few places there lately that are due leases. We live on the Central coast at the moment in our own home buy DH is sick of commuting so we will move up when his posting starts. We have a 3yr old and another due in December. I'm glad to hear you are happy up there, I'm nervous.
    It's Kate by the way ☺.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I just noticed your 4221 postcode. My brother lives in Palmy

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have any questions about the area feel free to ask/ PM me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I may just do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love that conservative yes thats how I feel about our current locality. I tried mixing with the local groups and partners and lets just say it hasn't gone to well, I generally am more opinionated and stubborn then some of the partners seem to like, and others just annoy me. I however have met a few fantastic local civie mummy friends who I will be very sad to say goodbye to in 12 months. The only reason we are at our current locality is because dp was born there and wanted to return for a few yrs however its a small town and Im a "big city" chick lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't fit into the defence scene either.I am too strong willed and opinionated for most of the men and women's likings.

Its just the way I like it lol not my scene at all.I see so many of these people that don't even really like eachother but feel they 'have' to socialize because their partners work together.No thanks.I like my friends to actually like me thanks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pennylane For This Useful Post:

JJJRain-crew  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have found the ladies at Williamtown to be really nice! But I understand where you could fall through the cracks though. The main group of ladies (in my Buddies group anyway) are quite outgoing, have children around the same age, and get involved in absolutely everything going around. They go to playgroup, fitness classes, their kids go to daycare on base together etc.

They fit a certain mould and I have seen people who are a bit more alternative a bit on the outer. But you know, not everyone fits that mould and the group that you are thinking of that you don't really feel you fit in with only consists of about 20 ladies. There are many more families posted to Williamtown than that, just a matter of finding them!

I haven't found the ladies at Williamtown to be mean or deliberately exclusive. But I do know what you mean. If you're not really 'there' all the time, doing morning teas or playgroup, then it is hard when you go along to the gatherings because everyone seems to already be really close friends.

Hope you find some people who are more your style!