+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default + urine opk test but -ve saliva test?

Hi, this month was my first using help of clomid to ovulate.

Gyno suggested testing from day 10. Day 10 was yesterday and I tested using 2 different methods. I did a urine test which quite clearly came up positive and a saliva test which clearly showed pebbles only (no indication of ovulation).

Firstly, day 10 seems rather early. As I have PCOS my last few periods (prior to use of clomid) were anywhere between 31 and 43 days. The last one was 43! Should I still do a pregnancy test 15 days from yesterday?

Secondly, why on earth would the two tests come up with a different result?

Also, my gyno suggested it was best to have sex every 2nd day only but every day around ovulation. We did the baby dance yesterday and today, so fingers crossed.

What is everyones thoughts on these three concerns? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never used Clomid so I can't comment from that POV, but I never found the saliva test to show I was ovulating so always only went on the POAS variety.

As for the +OPK, was the test line definitely as dark or darker than the control?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakorsha For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, thanks for replying.

The line was definetly darker after 5minutes as advised by the packaging. I've just checked it again now - a day later and it's lighter, but I probably should just ignore that right? I did another one today and after 5minutes it's come up negative (2 lines but test line much lighter than control line).

So, do you think I just ovulated early in my cycle? Wish I just had a normal cycle. 12months of trying now, and realy realy want this to be our month. Doing everything that can possibly be done to increase our chances.

Have had a headache over the past 2 days and wondering if that is linked to ovulation??? I hope that's what it is as I realy realy don't want to be getting the flue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NessieJ View Post
    I've just checked it again now - a day later and it's lighter, but I probably should just ignore that right?
    Just ignore anything that happens after you read the results (5 min after test).

Do you chart your BBT by any chance? This is the only way to confirm that you have ovulated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I were you I would DTD for a couple of days just in case but continue to do the opk's daily to be sure that it was a positive.

Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheetara For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I havn't done the body temperature thing yet. Probably be the next thing I try. Do you think it's more reliable than the urine tests?

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Def believe the pee stick, the saliva test can be so inaccurate and dodgy, i had nothing but trouble with mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NessieJ View Post
    No, I havn't done the body temperature thing yet. Probably be the next thing I try. Do you think it's more reliable than the urine tests?
    The urine tests only tell you that your body is gearing towards ovulation. They can not confirm if nor when you have ovulated.

Only a sustained shift in BBT can confirm that you have ovulated.

But OPK are good to help you time dtd - 1 or 2 days before ovulation