+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else have a high risk pregnancy?

Im 19 and this is my first baby my results came back from the nuchal scan and blood test and the doctor said my risk of having something wrong with my baby is 1 in 8. I've been booked in to get an amnio centises done in 2 weeks when I'm 15 weeks I'm so scared there's something wrong I don't even want to get out of bed the thought is killing me

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice I'm afraid, just wanted to send a big hug your way! Fingers crossed for you

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    doochydoo, I'm in limbo land this week having had CVS done yesterday.

We got a ratio of 1:25. Ultrasound normal, Bloods were terrible. Because the Papp A is so low my OB has classified me as "high risk" regardless of the outcome of the CVS I'll need monitoring in the 3rd trimester.

Sweetie, the wait before is a b!tch but I wanna wish you all the luck in the world. The turn around time on the Amnio isn't as long as CVS so you won't have to wait as long once it's done either. Distract yourself anyway you can for two weeks and try not to think about it.

Did they say why the ratio was so low? Was it ultrasound, bloods, family history? And did they tell what the risk was for? is: Downs, Trisomy 18 etc...

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a 1:3 of something being wrong. I also had a very very low Papp-a (0.07). I was told I had a 99.9% chance of my baby being chromosonally abnormal. I had a CVS at 13 weeks and I prayed my heart out, and had many others praying and praise God, I got the all clear!
    I was still told by my Ob that I probably wouldn't get to 24 weeks (because of low Papp-a- it was a placental issue), but today I'm 30w2d and still pregnant. Yes right now I have pretty bad IUGR, and see a maternal fetal medicine dr on Monday, but I didn't get here for no reason! Have some faith, pray and I wish you all the best with your amnio.