+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In my opinion I can't see the issue with you taking your DD. I can see your DP's point of view but I dont feel missing a week of school will cause much hassle. As stated by others you can always get school work for her to take along. Sure its not a holiday but your mum asked for your DD to go along and I think that if its what you would like to do there is nothing wrong with that. My granddad recently had a quadruple heart bypass, followed by multiple blood clots etc. One thing that keeps him smiling and brightens his day is me taking DD there.

Personally I don't see any issues with it and I think you just need to have a good chat to DP and work something out.

You can take the other two next visit or take another one next visit and rotate them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take the baby and your DD as well. Your mum wants to see you and you said she is very responsible I doubt she would be "getting in the way". I also don't think you need to always do exactly the same things with all kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    raracookie how old are the children you nanny for?

I have only taken babies by myself before, so if dd came with me this time would be the first time 'taking turns' to travel.

I think mum is pretty realistic about what to expect. She doesn't favour dd over the others. dd is the eldest grandchild and so they have spent more time together I suppose. dd is the most grown up I guess you could say.

I don't know now. I'm really questioning myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    questioning is great...it will help you make the right choice.

I happily travel by myself with my 7 and 1 year old...we make a great team. I would not dream of doing it with 4 kids though.

I feel there is nothing wrong with it...and you have thought it through and have plans for making things ok with the other kids.

It sounds as if your DH does not like you going...is this just another move to make it difficult for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Yes but if she takes each up one at a time she's paying for herself 3 times instead of once

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Maybe it's more of a cash flow issue??? Easier to just save for 2 fares at a time instead of paying for 5 at once.

Either way, it's not really the point of this thread.

OP, I see both sides. If it will help you and your mum, take your dd. I do agree that you should pack her some homework.

I also like the idea of your DH creating a special daddy week with the other children, who will be over "missing out" after the first fun activity.

Hope your mums surgery goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    For it to work your DH will have to get on board and make the time away special for the others. My DH was fantastic while I was away and the kids clearly missed me but were in great spirits when I got back with DD1 and loved telling me what they had done. I also brought back treats for them from the trip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im with your DH (sorry)

If he does not feel comfortable than he is part of the decision making process as well. He has valid points about the other children missing out (especially since they are close in age)

I think the 1st week if term is pretty important and it also sets a precedent that school is not important for all the children.

Anyway if you do go ahead and take her i agree with another poster that you should try to make the other 2 special about leaving the behind like DH taking them for dinner or something....just a thought

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

PorkyPies  (20-06-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    id take them both, but then I just spent 6months nursing my mil, with our 2yo and pregnant, and dd was no trouble at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your mum might think she will be ok after open heart surgery but she may find out it is alot harder to recover from than what she thinks. If it were just a holiday than I would say absolutely take both on the proviso your husband agrees, but it's not. I understand your mum wanting your daughter to be there but i just don't see it being a good time. My mum has had alot of surgeries both minor and major and she has recovered very differently each time. The thing that struck me was your husbands comment about why you would even bother to ask him if you were just going to do whatever you like, it sounds as if he feels left out of the decision making.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LilMuffin For This Useful Post:

mamajess  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with DH, sorry!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

mamajess  (20-06-2012)