+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs, BumMum. I have suffered with anxiety my whole life. It is awful. It's like a rollercoaster for me - it can be all over the place and sometimes very random. But not a day goes by where I don't have to work to manage it.

Mine got really bad last year after my Dad died. Everything just swallowed me up. I saw a psychologist and it helped so much. I highly recommend it. I am also on medication at the moment (I've been on it off and on over the years). This is the first time I've really felt like it's helped. I am on Lexapro. I hate the thought of taking it long term but it just may be a reality for me.

Big hugs. I understand that if you are fearful of GPs then it will be hard to see one but it might just be the key to helping you through this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear ya in every shape and form. I've suffered anxiety for years. I also get shocking heart palpatations (feels like my heart skips a beat) and I've noticed lately if I have a shocking day the palpatations go all night which in turn makes my anxiety worse as I think I'll have a heart attack or there is something wrong with my heart. My anxiety is quite wide spread but mainly on my health, always thinking there is something wrong with me just from a twinge. I also worry about my 3 yr old daughter's health and safety. In return I get extremely irritated (sometimes needlessly with my daughter and hubby) tired and cranky. I am now 21 weeks pregnant and I stopped Zoloft whhen I concieved but have had to start taking it again as it got out of control....again! I am now stressing about my pregnancy (been 100%normal) and the pending birth, thinking if I can even do it!!! I live on a cattle station too so i'm quite remote and 3 hrs from the hospital to add to it all. I feel slightly better as i've restarted the meds but it never truly leaves you....ever so I am just trying to find ways to control it, trying a who cares attitude to the silly thoughts that run through my head. I feel one of my greatest remedies is talking like how we are now, just knowing your not alone is sometimes enough to get you through. If you want to talk at all anymore please message me iif you think it'll help. Hang in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks everyone. I have completely failed at sleeping tonight. How on earth will I function today. I just could not turn off my brain. I'm breastfeeding and so worried that ill have to stop for medication

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey bum mum I have suffered anxiety most of my life and it hit hard when I had my 2nd baby! My suggestions would be the see a psychologist to help u change ur thought patterns and processes! U remember to breathe! When u are havin an anxiety attack because essentially when u are having racing heart, fast breathing etc ur body has a build up of CO2 so slow deep breaths can really help also journaling! After the "event" write down all your thoughts feelings and emotions (this will help pump the blood to your more rational side of the brain) but I recommend seein a psychologist to help u use these tools! Also there are medications out there that are safe for breast feeding you absolutely DO Not have to give it up! I researched it and found that setraline / Zoloft has been widely prescribed in BF mothers for around the last decade and little to no transfer rate of drug into the mothers breast milk!
    Your not alone
    Feel free to PM me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherry18Bloss For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Allycat, like I said I am pregnant and had to go back onto meds and the doc said Zoloft was very widely used for pregnancy and bfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Anxiety is controlling me.

Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    I dont have anxiety - but hubby has it .. and he tried loads of different approaches, and then eventually decided to trial medication. Please do try other things first - as the medications can be quite full on .. and they are very hard to stop taking (you need to basically wean yourself off the drug - stopping cold turkey can have quiet horrid effects). HOWEVER .. having said that .. the changes in hubby since he has been on medication has been incredible. He says he can still 'feel' the anxiety and thoughts, but that he can easily disregard them ...

it took some trial and error with the medication too - the first one gave him night sweats that were terrible - but his GP switched him to a similar mediation from a different family and he hasn't looked back.

Take care - please know that its VERY common to have the feelings and stresses that you are going through, and as hard as it is .. you aren't alone focus on getting to that first appointment and work with your psych ...

Jen
    What medication was he taking.
    Im on zoloft atm. Just stared but if i need to change. I have similar to what your hubby had.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also suffer from anxiety (GAD) & have been seeing a psychologist & I'm also on effexor but one thing I've found that has helped me immensely is the Bach flower spray rescue remedy - it really does help !!