+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    Technically the only one who cheated was the one who had a partner so in my opinion they carry the bulk of the blame.

The other person has acted immorally/unethically if they were aware of the fact that the person they were sleeping with was in a relationship.
    ^^ this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    If it is a friend I say both. Both have a commitment (although different) to the spouse cheated on.
    This

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuchsia! View Post
    Ok for example if the husband cheated, then IMO he is to blame because he is the one in the relationship and he has to answer to his wife and has a responsibility to his wife.

As for the person he cheated with. Well yes, its not nice but she doesn't have a commitment to the wife and she doesn't have to answer to the wife either. Its definitely not right, but the husband is the worse because he is the one in the relationship.
    ^ I agree!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both. The only time the "other" party is not at fault is if the one in the relationship lied about being single.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (19-06-2012),GreenMama  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I woud say both. But having been on the recieving end and successfully getting passed it I blame both yet for some reason I have always had a lot more contempt for the outside party. I think it has something to do with feeling the outside party actively chased him and interfered with our r/ship knowing full well he was in a r/ship, even though he was the one who strayed. Turns out she is a serial offender as she keeps doing it with other people, years later, destroying many couples r/ships. I know my reasoning doesnt make sense but still..

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to say, both are guilty. The partner has cheated on the relationship, and the other has cheated on the friendship. Both are adults and should have considered the consequences before they acted. No excuse and no forgiveness from my opinion. Marie.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (19-06-2012),MissMuppet  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many variables here!!

The person in the relationship is more at fault IF the person they are cheating with was unaware they are in a relationship!

If they both were aware of a relationship then the single person is just as much to blame as the one in the relationship!

In a situation if you are a wife who's husband has cheated its easy to blame the person who they cheated with but I would blame the husband more - he has the commitment to you, not some random hussy!

If the person they are cheating with is a friend then that is far worse!

You got all that? Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    If it is a friend I say both. Both have a commitment (although different) to the spouse cheated on.
    I agree with this, though I think that a majority of the blame lies with the partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Within the couple, the partner. Out of the cheating partner and the person they cheated with, they are both equally to blame.
    this.