+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I already have a DS and would love to have a DD. Im not even pregnant or thinking of being pregnant anytime soon, but am telling myself and convinced myself i'll only have boys so i wont feel 'disappointed'. Im pretty comfortable with the idea of two DS's now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took a couple of days to get used to the idea that my second son was a boy, mostly because I thought I was having a girl.

I have two sons, and am pregnant now with my last baby and have opted to not find out the sex. Firstly because we enjoy not knowing until the baby is born. Secondly, because I'm not ready to know if I'm having another boy. I still need more time to get used to the idea. I think that if I knew already i would be disappointed and not enjoy the rest of the pregnancy as much.

Honestly, it is not because I don't want another boy. I won't be disappointed with a boy. I just need to get my head around never having a girl. I'll be disappointed in not having a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out the sex at my 20 week scan (both times) particularly for this reason. It gave me the rest of the pregnancy to process the idea... although I admit both times I still didn't buy too many boy things (both are boys) in the tiny tiny hope that they were wrong

I have felt nothing but unconditional, undying love for my little one since he was born, even though I was slightly disappointed at the birth to find out they weren't wrong. This time, I've actually gotten used to the idea much quicker because although this will probably be our last (and therefore I will never have a little girl) I just think DS will love a little brother so much, so it makes me happy to think ahead at how much fun they'll have together.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I know your worry so well!

We had three boys and when I found out I was pregnant with our fourth child I was so confused about whether to find out the gender or not. It was no secret that I desperately wanted a daughter, but having a boy wasn't the thing I was most worried about... the thing I was most worried about was what my reaction to that would be.

I had found out the gender for our three boys, but just didn't know what I should do this time around; I wanted more than anything to avoid feeling any disappointment. I read lots of stories and started threads in various places to ask people about their experience. I had decided to not find out, based on the logic that if the baby was a boy and I found out at ultrasound, I would most likely feel disappointed. However if the baby was a boy and I found out at birth I would just fall in love with him and not care.

The thing that ended up making me change my mind was the story of one women who did feel disappointment at birth. She said it was only for a few minutes, but the guilt she felt as a result of that initial disappointment lasted for weeks. I decided the safest thing to do was to find out at ultrasound, and that way I could prepare myself either way.

Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Mac View Post
    I took a couple of days to get used to the idea that my second son was a boy, mostly because I thought I was having a girl.

I have two sons, and am pregnant now with my last baby and have opted to not find out the sex. Firstly because we enjoy not knowing until the baby is born. Secondly, because I'm not ready to know if I'm having another boy. I still need more time to get used to the idea. I think that if I knew already i would be disappointed and not enjoy the rest of the pregnancy as much.

Honestly, it is not because I don't want another boy. I won't be disappointed with a boy. I just need to get my head around never having a girl. I'll be disappointed in not having a girl.
    This is almost identical to my situation, although I am only pregnant with number 2 (our 2nd DS). We always planned on having 3 children, so it wasn’t a matter of deciding we would have a third because we are expecting our 2nd boy more that we decided third time around we didn’t want to face EVERYONES disappointment. I really think didn’t think I would suffer GD, especially after losing a baby last November, after the scan I even apologised to my husband because whilst I was delighted I knew he was longing for a little girl. He quickly reassured me he was very happy. Over the last 2 weeks though, hearing some comments from family, work colleagues and friends regardless of our excitement about our precious second son really got to me and I have a little breakdown on the weekend.

I decided then that our third (and probably final) baby would be a surprise til the end, because unfortunately apparently (as much as I didn’t think I was) I am a sensitive soul who takes comments personally! And how can you not when all you get is: “ANOTHER boy!”, or “Don’t worry #3 will be a girl!!”.

Sorry (completely hijacked your thread!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Second time round a wanted a girl we found out we were having a boy I was shattered but the second that little boy was put in my arms it all went away

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Mac View Post
    This was exactly how I felt. The knowledge that if this one wasn't a girl
    I would never have a daughter. I would never have changed my boys, I just wanted a girl in there too somewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All I ever wanted was boys, boys and more boys. So far we have two girls. DD1, we didn't find out what gender we were having, but I "knew" she was a girl. DD2 we decided we wanted to know. When I saw those three lines on the screen my heart sank. I held in my tears until we got to the car. I bawled for about a minute, and then I was fine.
    This time around we are not going to find out. I have already prepared myself for another girl, and I am ok.