+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 2 nephews and 2 nieces to buy for and won't have any more to have to buy for. I have always spent whatever I have wanted on them and that won't change just because I have my own kids now. I much prefer to buy them useful things that may cost a bit more than buy them cheap crap. My sil has been the same with our boys.

When it comes to buying a present for friends kids I usually spend $30 on a gift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I aim for approx $20-$30 value each. That doesn't mean I spend that much though - if I can get something that is usually $30 for $15, then I will get that, and won't bulk it up with extras either.

I am too poor to afford to spend anymore than that.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I aim for approx $20-$30 value each. That doesn't mean I spend that much though - if I can get something that is usually $30 for $15, then I will get that, and won't bulk it up with extras either.

I am too poor to afford to spend anymore than that.
    This

For school friends I normally spend $10 no more than $15

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    I'm jealous, you get to choose an amount!

For DD's cousins we get a list of things to choose from, listed in order of price. You have to let their mum know what you're buying a few weeks before Christmas so she can make sure the kuds get everything they want. If you buy something that's already been checked off, you have to return it, and buy something else.

We cause a riot by disrupting the system every Christmas. We utterly ignore the list and buy them other stuff. Last year we were "assigned" a Barbie stylin' salon.
    We bought them pink tinted, fairy floss scented glittery soap that had unicorn toys hidden in the middle. After you use the soap you reveal the toy. They were going through a no-wash stage so we thought that would get them in the bath.
    The kids were rapt and insisted on an early bath time. Their mum had a sook
    *^^ what a load of bull s h it. Good on you for not playing their game

Thanks
    Reviews
    We try to stick to as close to $50 as possible, sometimes just under, sometimes just over and this includes card and wrapping/giftbag. This is for friends kids, nieces/nephews, birthdays/Christmas except for my 1 niece who lives overseas and I haven't got to meet her yet, I spend around $150 including postage (postage it like $40!) for birthdays and Christmas as it costs too much to post too many things throughout the year

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two nieces that are four this year, one niece that will be one this year, and two nephews that just turned seven and three.

Last year we spent about $40 on each of them except our youngest niece as she was only four months so I made some little summer outfits for her.

Everyone said we got them too much stuff but I enjoyed spoiling them.

We get everything at the mid year sales to save a bit of money.

We won't be spending much this year as we have another bub due in January and need to save up a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyCat85 View Post
    *^^ what a load of bull s h it. Good on you for not playing their game
    Amen to that^^
    I am glad that I don't spend too much then :-) it is usually around the $30 more but if I see something really cool I will get it :-) thanks for all your replys :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    I have two nieces that are four this year, one niece that will be one this year, and two nephews that just turned seven and three.

Last year we spent about $40 on each of them except our youngest niece as she was only four months so I made some little summer outfits for her.

Everyone said we got them too much stuff but I enjoyed spoiling them.

We get everything at the mid year sales to save a bit of money.

We won't be spending much this year as we have another bub due in January and need to save up a bit.
    We have a bub due in Feb so we will need a little aside for baby stuff too lol