+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Same amount?

So with the toy sales coming up I have 2 nieces and 3 nephews to buy for, just wondering if anyone agrees on an amount with siblings on a max to spend on kids? Or weather you just buy what you are going to and that's that?
    Just a curious, I spend way too much on my nieces and nephews lol sometimes $50 each, could that make their parents uncomfortable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think $20 is a fair amount for relatives. I wont spend more that $15 on a friends childs present

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only have 1 niece and no other family children to buy for except my own.

What my sister and I decided last christmas is the kids buy each other presents (or I buy them for them to give). Last year we decided on $30. So my neice gave DD1, DD2 & DD3 presents @ about $30 each and each of mine gave their cousin a present @ about $30 each. (Mine give each other presents too so it does add up but I think its fair)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally hate when ppl spend too much because then I feel obliged to do the same back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    I personally hate when ppl spend too much because then I feel obliged to do the same back
    This.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with the parents of children what is an acceptable amount

With my sisters and brothers kids we spend $50 on each kid for Xmas and birthdays but with my cousins children I only spend about $20-30, we have agreed on this amount

I only have to buy for 4 children however if I was buying for a lot more than that then it would be less (my GF has 12 nieces and nephews so spends less which is reasonable!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just buy whatever, I wouldn't have any idea how much my brother and sister spend on DSS. I gave 6 nieces and spend around $100 on each, it's way too much but I work hard and enjoy buying them nice things. We dont buy for adults in our family though, it's all about the kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DH nieces and nephews, 6 altogether, we now do a secret Santa type thing so each child, 9 altogether, buy for one of their cousins. So we have three kids, therefor we buy 3 presents not 6... We have agreed $30- each child. It was getting too much and some are now teenagers and all they want is $$$!
    I have no nieces or nephews on my side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! You have all helped a lot :-)
    We do secret Santa too which I forgot about on DH side of the fam with. The kids, we buy to pressies, lol and the ages very so that will have to happen later in the year :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im blessed to not have any nieces/nephews or other family to buy for, other than my parents.
    Yet if I had to, I would buy something small for each child of equal value.