+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do I tell my friend

I've been looking after a friends bub for the last few weeks coz she's gone back to work but I don't want to do it anymore. I'm pregnant again and finding it really hard to get a rest when DS is asleep because her bub is really sooky during nap time and well most of the day. Her bub is teaching DS bad sleeping habits coz he used to go to sleep so easily but now he's started being really sooky too. I'm happy to keep doing it until she finds somewhere else but I need to know there is an end. I can't do it any more, it's draining me. How do I tell her I don't want to do it anymore without hurting her feelings?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just say what you said here:

you're pregnant and you're not coping but you're happy to do it til she finds somewhere else ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe say you didn't realise how full on it would be with 2 + being pregnant and suggest you can't do everyday anymore. Maybe you could watch the bub one or 2 days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a big ask having u take care of her bub when she's gone back to work - that's full time care! I don't even think I'd ask family to do that, at most I'd ask for 1-2 days a week!

I'm sure she realizes it's a pretty big favour that u are doing, especially as you are pregnant with no.2, and as such I think she'd understand that u just aren't coping? Just be honest and tell her it's too much for you right now..