+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When is it safe to remove the baby insert

I'm just wondering when the baby insert should come out of DD car seat.

We were given our Safe n Sound Meredian AHR by SIL before DD was born. It's in perfect condition and used by her children but we didn't receive an instruction book.

I've been googling to try and figure it out because DD shoulders are past the bottom shoulder marker. I'm assuming once I remove that padding under her bum though she'll be back down nice and low.

DD is 4.5 months old, 62cm long and 6.8kgs. Is it safe to remove that bum cushion yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wondered this as well. We have the safe n sound platinum and DD is 65cm at 3mths. For us she looks more squished with her legs.

It does say that the insert is recommended when in rear facing mode and to only remove when forward facing. I removed it for a shirt trip to the shop to see if it stopped DD screaming and thrashing her legs about but she still did so I put it back in

I assume the platinum would be the same as yours on the insert? the recommendation to leave in is also on a label on the insert-is there anything on yours?

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll have to pull it out and have a look. I got RACQ to install it for me so I didn't really look at the insert then. TBH I didn't even know where it went prior to installation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have always used the insert for rear facing then taken it out when forward facing. All our carseats (hipod, safe n sound, fisher price) have been bought new and had that in the instruction manual, but talking to Safe n Sound yesterday, they told me it is not essential after they are past newborn stage. I asked because I wanted to order a new insert for the guardian.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I checked the insert and there is no tag