+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My house is cold, so I would keep the cheese.

As for the bacon, I would cook it, notice the smell is stronger than normal, then toss it. (I did this once when I found bacon that had come home from the shops and been left out for hours instead of finding its way to the fridge or freezer.)

If, when cooking, the bacon didn't emit a strong odour, I would eat some immediately, and if it tasted okay, offer some to the children, and cut up the remaining cooked pieces to put them in the freezer to use in meals later.

---------

If my house was heated, I would just throw the bacon out, and be dubious about the cheese.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hard cheese should be ok. Not to sure on the bacon though. The checkout chick did this to me last week with Parmesan, and I didn't realise until the next morning. But thought it was hard, it's cold here and so used it. We were all fine.

I was more annoyed as I have cold bag and put all the cold items out together!! Cheese in a random bag??? Grrrrrrrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would keep the products and return them to the supermarket and explain the situation- they ought to replace them for you- I am soooo OCD with my packing- putting cold products in with cereal is bad practice. Almost as bad as putting meat in with bread! Sounds like the staff need more training.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say to throw them.
    You can call and complain about the packing, I do see your point they should pack properly and there's been many times me or my partner have had to repack things at the store or ask for another bag or whatever...
    But unfortunately I don't think it warrants a replacement.
    If the bacon had leaked on the cereal box or for example they had put something heavy with eggs and the eggs broke or a bunch of heavy glass in a bag and the bag broke to the car then id say u should get a replacement but leaving items out for hours before putting them away can't be blamed on them.
    Last edited by Ahpez; 19-06-2012 at 09:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't take the risk... Throw it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cheese and bacon is so laden with salt (natural preservative to a certain extent) that I would probably keep them. Just check them for smell when you use them.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd ditch the bacon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I bought cheese a couple of times. Once i opened a block and it was mouldy and only the other week i bought a block of feta and it was off as the smell was rancid when i opened the pack.
    I took it back both times. First block i was asked if i kept the cheese in the fridge?? It was within the hour that i purchased and returned so yeah..
    With the Feta i just went and exchanged it for another pack.
    It's really common in supermarkets for damage/rotten goods to end up back on the shelf.
    If someone decides they don't want a cold item when going through the register it can still there for a few hours before someone decides to return it. Same when people dump cold groceries on around the supermarket, a lot of the time thery are picked up and put back in the fridge even though its been too long.
    For all the supermarket knows this may have been what happened.

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would throw it, hanging your head over a toilet bowl and having diarrhoea for 48 hrs isn't worth a packet of bacon and cheese.

But i would ring up and complain though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd keep the cheese and throw the bacon Although at minus 2 last night the bacon would probably have been fine in my kitchen.