+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How lovely to read all of these, so heart warming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    It's not something childless people can understand because you'll never feel the way you do about your child for anyone or anything else. I wouldn't even bother trying o describe it in words.
    Exactly this. I never knew that I would fall instantly in love with DS until he was born. The second I heard him cry (hadn't even seem him yet) I felt this amazingly overwhelming surge of love...truly an amazing feeling and one I feel so blessed to have experienced!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also find it very hard to put into words but I know that experiencing the love I have for my son has reafffirmed my belief that there is a God and something much more than what exists on this life.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

AndrewTheEmu  (19-06-2012),LoCo  (19-06-2012),ShanandBoc  (19-06-2012)

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When DD was 3 months old, I didn't have much 'love' for her, it was sleep deprived instinctual need to care for her & make sure she was happy/comfortable.

Now she is 2, the love I have for her is overwhelming. I see the beauty of all simple things through her eyes. She painted a picture for me at school the other day, & her teacher stuck a poem to it..

I wasn't even in the car before I burst into tears. It was 'so beautiful'.. It wasn't lol but my baby made it & I was just so proud of her scribbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    True Love

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I fell for DS instantly, the second I saw him. Not every mother experiences this, some take a little longer but this doesn't mean they love their baby less.

Now he's 6 years old and I feel very protective of him. I think about him constantly. I worry constantly. Worry that he will be okay, that he's safe, that he's happy.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When DD1 was born, it was, without a doubt, the most amazing day of my life. I cried, I laughed, I cried some more. I remember holder her for the first time and just so totally loving this little girl. The stories of a parent busting into a burning house etc all of a sudden made sense. Before then, I used to think "Wow, how brave." Now I know differently. They weren't just brave:

They were a parent.

And I would do that and then some so willingly for both of my kids. Far out - I can't put it into words.

And now I don't have them all the time, makes the time I do have with them that much more special and important.

How can you ever, truly explain it to somebody who is childless? I don't think you can. But I think they can see it in my face when I look at my kids or when they see me gazing off into the distance thinking about them.

They are everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies everyone!

I guess just a bit of background to my question... Like I said DS is 3 months old now, and the absolute love in my life... However, the first few weeks after he was born were really rough and I think it was my sisters first experience of seeing someone go through that, the hard side of early parenthood (she is 19) she was over nearly every day with my mum helping out here and there and saw me sitting on the lounge sobbing because feeding was so hard or because I couldn't get bubs to settle...

So now that bubs is older and we have both gotten to know each other (bubs and myself) I guess my sister is now exploring all the emotions she saw me go through..

But yes, as alot of you have said its soooo hard trying to explain... Maybe I'll show her this thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it's overwhelming, on one hand I'm tired, It's messy I get frustrated but on the other it is the most beautiful thing in the world my love is consuming the joy I have for my baby is huge he is sooo wonderful and all I want to do is play with him all day and kiss and cuddle him. The greatest joy ive found is just playing with him love him so much x

Thanks
    Reviews
    The love I have for my girls is all-consuming. There are no words I know of to describe it. It is deep and primal and ferocious...