+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Describing motherhood/the love you have for your babies

So i was having lunch with my younger sister today who asked me to describe my love for DS who is 3 months old... I'm guessing she was thinking of ppl who say that it's instant overwhelming love etc..

I had a hard time putting it into words for her, and was wondering how everyone else would describe it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow well..... I would give my life for her without a thought. I never want to see her hurt or in pain. Just a smile from her lights up my world. Her laugh makes me feel warm inside. A kiss makes my heart skip a beat. I love making her feel warm loved and needed. She comes first everytime. Shes the most percious thing i could ever imagine. I feel honored to be her mummy <3

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (18-06-2012),Bunny Lover  (18-06-2012),cluckcluck  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unconditional, overwhelming, beautiful innocent love. I just need to look at my DD sometimes and I cry at the motherly love I have for her and hold so close. Nothing can take that away

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really can't describe it. DS is my life. I can't imagine life without him and can't remember the times before I was a mum. He is my absolute everything and I'd do anything for him. His smile lights up my life and when he interacts with me, nothing else seems important. I was born to be his mummy and it was just meant to be!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At 3 months I would have said I felt nothing much (I didn't.. I had PND and didn't bond) but now at 4 years of age... Well, he is me, he is my all, my everything.

***Sent from my phone***

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

ChocMilk  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cannot even put into words the love I have for my daughter. It was literally love at first sight... I didn't know what to expect when I was pregnant, I stressed so much that I wouldn't bond with her, but the second she was passed to me I just fell in love. The strongest, most powerful love I have ever felt in my life. I'd do anything for her, anything to protect her. I can be in the worst mood in the world but as soon as I see her smiling little face it just lights up my world. I never knew I could love someone so much!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just thinking about this earlier tonight when DD2, 3 months, was dozing all milky drunk on my bed after her feed.

Her cheeks were all flushed and she looked so snuggly and comfy curled up in her terry wonder suit....I just lay beside her staring at her blissed-out little face.

You just can't top it, it's all encompassing, totally overwhelming love.

Sweet.....beautiful......love.

<3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's not something childless people can understand because you'll never feel the way you do about your child for anyone or anything else. I wouldn't even bother trying o describe it in words.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it wasn't an overwhelming, unconditional love. It took time. I had to learn about this new little person, I had to find myself as a new mum and a wife, I had to get used to my new life and lack of sleep.. It wasn't easy and I struggled quite a bit. Do I feel guilty about feeling this way? Not at all. It was a part of my journey into motherhood and I learnt a lot. A year down the line, I love DS. He's my best friend, my everything.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

ChocMilk  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    For me it wasn't an overwhelming, unconditional love. It took time. I had to learn about this new little person, I had to find myself as a new mum and a wife, I had to get used to my new life and lack of sleep.. It wasn't easy and I struggled quite a bit. Do I feel guilty about feeling this way? Not at all. It was a part of my journey into motherhood and I learnt a lot. A year down the line, I love DS. He's my best friend, my everything.
    I agree. I remember my first 24 hours with DS - I felt like I wanted to tell him I loved him, but I felt like a fake because I didn't even know him yet! But I found the love grew quickly the more I got to know him and it didn't take long for the overwhelming love to kick in.

I've battled with depression over the last year or so, and without putting too much of a burden onto his shoulders, it was my love for DS that kept me alive during my darkest hours.