+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Just out of interest , what is the name of the cult?

..probably Tupperware!!??

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-06-2012),austmum  (20-06-2012),Eko  (20-06-2012),Kadorite  (19-06-2012),MissMuppet  (19-06-2012),MoonMoon  (19-06-2012)

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a pretty good camera, but I can't host and enjoy a party and take pictures. I hired a photographer and she took great pictures and they are my daughter's favorite as they are action shots of her party. But it was $500. And culty Miss needs the practice. The recruitment bit was pretty slick but her pictures, whilst well composed, are now always focussed all that well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thermomix..

they are culty little misses

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (19-06-2012),Ana Gram  (18-06-2012),Kadorite  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    I have a pretty good camera, but I can't host and enjoy a party and take pictures. I hired a photographer and she took great pictures and they are my daughter's favorite as they are action shots of her party. But it was $500. And culty Miss needs the practice. The recruitment bit was pretty slick but her pictures, whilst well composed, are now always focussed all that well.
    -- surely just ONE more free session wouldn't hurt.

As long as you are confident your friends will keep it on teh down low.

...maybe pay her in cupcakes??

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    thermomix..

they are culty little misses
    ..you know you can make AWESOME cupcakes in the thermomix

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's an offshoot of those Tom Cruise people. Aliens. Collective unconsciousnesses and a big blob of The Secret. I really do feel that she needs to be rescued. I know, I know, my new mantra is 'Don't Bring The Charity Home', but maybe she doesn't realise it's a load of nonsense? She does seem very well meaning and non-minxy. And she's so pretty. I'm a sucker for a pretty face and a deluded mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scientology? I've heard that one is really hard to leave. Someone I know took a friend in who had to change his name and go into hiding. Said he feared for his life :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't tell me that! Now I feel like I should rescue her. Maybe if she doesn't recruit anyone she'll get disheartened and give it up. I could line up 30 or 40 women to engage with her and politely not get recruited...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know, this is the very first time I have ever heard of cult recruiting. I never thought such a thing existed? I mean, aren't Jehova's recruiters, except for they aren't as sneaky as this missy?
    So how would it work? They try to become friends via photography? And then one day come over and say "Hey, seeing as Im such a great photographer, why not join my cult? We promise to turn you into a great photographer too with the bonus of having Scientology brainwashing you with their believes."

Wouldn't it be easier/cheaper for them to just stake out at a playground and pick on some exhausted looking mum with 4 kids?
    To me it seems that making all these photos and spending all that time with a stranger, is an awful lot of energy and effort for something that might not end up the way you want.
    Oh well, if you're in a cult, you obviously aren't the most smartest person anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think she uses the photography to get to know you and then finds an angle to ply her self-improvement line on. I was only the 3rd or 4th she'd done, and I think she may find that exhausted mothers are a bad idea as we don't have the time for cults. Except the cult of the toddler. I really think cults are the business of the childless. But maybe she's trying to break a new market or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't do it!!!! They won't leave you alone.... Seriously i almost had to take legal action to get rid of these people!!!

They are known for doing sneaky stuff like this to deal people in... Run! Haha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub