+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our second bathroom has a separate bath. Can't imagine not having one there.

DD loves her bath, the fur babies got bathed, horse rug got washed and I have indulged every so often in a nice hot bath

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    We've got a small bath in our bathroom and I hate it - it's dead space. We've only got a small house and the bathroom it teeny. I don't really like baths, never understood the whole relaxing bath bit. I'd love to have the money to professionally rennovate the bathroom and get rid of the bath. (We did rennovate the bathroom ourselves but it was a cosmetic rennovation.) The kids take showers, I find it much easier and faster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Shower over bath here. Many a near neck breaking experiences in it I hate it! The bathroom is tiny too not much bigger than the bath itself it's one of those old houses where the bathroom was an afterthought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My current place has no bath, it's horrible. I can cope with shower over bath but would never buy a house with no bath

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have the room, definitely get a separate bath.
    I'm renting and we currently do not have a bath. With a bub on the way I know that in a years time I would want a bath for him but it's not the biggest deal breaker.
    I'd rather have no bath than to have a conjoined bath/shower. They're always drafty, water goes everywhere when you shower and can be dangerous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think I would buy a place without a bath. Even if the kids were old enough to shower, I like the odd bath myself if it's a nice deep one.

Don't think I would care if it was a combo shower/bath in the second bathroom. Would get old if I had to use it (have had one before and it was fine but I have a bad knee now) but for kids and guests I think it would be OK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally wouldn't buy a place without a separate shower and bath. As a Reno perspective where space allows of course and also if two bathrooms in house one at least to have separate bath and shower and other (space and budget allow). Ring some local agents up and find out their opinion as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our main bathroom has a separate bath and a separate shower and the ensuite just has a shower.

I would be lost without a bath, as all my kids 5,3 and 19mths prefer baths over showers, so whilst they're all little I am grateful to have one.

As much as I would love to, I hardly ever get in the bath myself, I can't get past sitting in my own dirt and as soon as I get out I go and have a shower anyway.
    I know, I'm weird!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I now live in a house with a shower over the bath and I don't like it, the last house I loved it has a smaller bathroom but the bath and shower were separate, I love it because I would put DD in the bath, she was almost 3 and I would take DS in the shower with me, such a time saver! Lol

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Our main bathroom has a separate bath and a separate shower and the ensuite just has a shower.
    Same here.

I wouldn't go so far as to not buy a house if it had a combined shower and bath, but it would annoy me. If it was a really tight space I would understand, and I would prefer it to no bath at all if that was the only other option, but if there was room for both I would be annoyed that someone had obviously skimped!

If a house had no bath at all I would only buy it if I could budget to have one installed. That would therefore affect the amount I was willing to pay for the house.