+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bath seperate to shower, with my kiddies i could never not have a bath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have lived in a house with a shower over bath, one with just a shower, and now a separate bath and shower. I absolutely hated not having a bath. I didn't mind shower over bath, if space is an issue, i would prefer this to no bath. Separate is great, but not if it makes the bathroom too small, and it does involve more cleaning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our house has a separate shower and bath in the main and a shower in the ensuite.

Personally I don't take baths, I'm a shower girl all the way. But when doing bathroom renovations I would always recommend including a bath. Leaving out a bath can effectively alienate the 'families with young kids' market if you do decide to sell.

As others have said I wouldn't be keen on purchasing a home without a bath unless we were planning to do major renovations ourselves to the bathroom.

A separate shower and bath is definitely the best option I think, but a combined shower/bath would be better than nothing if having them separate is not an option.

If your main bathroom only had a bath and the only shower was in the ensuite I think that could be a little strange. As a buyer i'd be thinking 'when my boy is a teenager, how the heck am I going to get him to have a bath??' because our ensuite is a kids-free zone. Also it would mean guests would be in your ensuite for a shower which might make them uncomfortable if you guys were still in bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have only one bathroom in this house. It is tiny and has a shower over bath setup. With so many people in the house, this really isn't sufficient. It would be nice to have a separate shower (in a separate room also).

I do actually like the shower over the bath, because it gives extra versatility to the bath. (I like to use a long flexible hose on the shower, so will often use that for the bath also.)

In my opinion, the house only needs one bath - but multiple bathrooms. Ideally, a bathroom, and ensuite, and a shower in the laundry. The bath could go in either the main bathroom (better choice I think) or the ensuite, and the other would have a shower only.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never been in a house without a bath. This one has it combined, which I am ok with but prefer them seperate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have 2 bathrooms and each have a ashower and a bath.
    I love my baths and wouldnt live in a house without one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The house didn't have a bath when we bought it - it was a PITA...with three kids under 5...but it was a fairly cheap house so we grabbed it.

They are 7 and 5 1/2 [x2] now and have been showering [doing the tub and plug hole 2inch deep bath thing for the last 2 1/2 years] --- we added an ensuite which only has a shower.

The main bathroom is tiny - unless I move the toilet out (don't think it' worth doing that) It will only fit a shower over bath, toilet and small vanity. Or a generous shower, toilet vanity. Or a luxury bath, toilet, vanity.

Pretty sure we will be out in 3 years or so ..so re-sale is the real issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have 2 baths and 2 showers. Both separate.
    Wouldn't buy a house without at least one bath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister and her husband have bought, sold, renovated etc and they said def need to have a bath!! But avoid the shower over the bath UNLESS you go one step further and make it a large corner type bath!!

But this is just what they have experienced!!

Me personally, I wouldn't buy a house without a bathtub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a bath and a shower - separate from each other. We used to have a bath that was hard to get into and a separate shower with a really deep base (30cm edge) so it was sort of a bath/shower combo and I hated it. I was always worried I'd slip as I stepped over the edge into the shower.

At my parents holiday house they have a separate shower in one bathroom and a shower over the bath in the main bathroom. I prefer the separate shower and dh prefers the shower over the bath. My ds loves the shower over the bath cause he has a bath and puts the shower on too!

If I bought a house with just a shower or just a shower over a bath, I'd renovate so I could have a shower and a separate bath (with or without a shower over it).