+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yes we have a bath - separate to the shower

personally we rarely ever use it ( no kids) I think ive been in it like 3 times in past 2 years and only time recently used it was when I had a hubbers son sleep over and he had a bath

so in buying a house one isn't important to me but if I had kids probably would.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we have a bath and seperate shower in the main bathroom, and when we renovate and do our ensuite it will have a shower only

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No bath drives me crazy

I would never buy a house without a bath and it would have to be separate to the shower

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have two baths, one in the ensuite which is freestanding and one in the main bathroom that a bath/shower unit. I cannot stand the whole shower over bath as I slipped really badly one day in one. I would buy a house without a bath if I loved the house enough as the kids don't seem to fazed if they don't have a bath. But if it had a shower over bath I'd pull the bath out and convert to just a shower unit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a separate shower and bath. I wouldn't buy a house with out the bath but I could do the shower over the bath though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have a bath in the main bathroom separate to the shower and to answer your question from an agents point of view as much as the stand alone bath in the main bathroom would look amazing it's not practical ( if the kids or guests wants quick shower they couldn't use the main bath room) unless of course everyone had their own ensuite!

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No bath in the house we bought. We used a plastic tub in the shower to bath DS until he was big enough to just shower. It was a bit annoying with kids, but we survived I don't miss it as an adult

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The house I own has a bath separate to the shower and was only used to bath the kids.

The flat I'm in now only has a shower, no bath. I have two tub trugs that I fill with water each night to bath the kids - bit of a pain but saves on water LOL.

I don't think it would bother me too much if a house didn't have a bath.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i should have mentioned, as long as there is one bathroom with a proper bath that is all i would look for. I think families like to see a good bath in at least one of the bathrooms. You need a bit of space when bathing kids so its nice to have one in the bigger bathroom.

My ensuite has a huge spa bath and i have only ever used it once…..whereas the shower is tiny and i use it every day. I would much prefer one bathroom with a big bath and the other bathrooms just focused on the shower space.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    our house has a main bathroom with shower and bath seperate and an ensuite with a shower.

growing up i remember my friend has ensuit with shower and main bathroom with bath only.

my sister place has half size bath in shower over the top - really annoying but still handy for the kids.

dads house has ensuite with shower and spa and main bathroom with shower and bath seperate.

I love a bath and would sacrifise a shower in main bathroom (as long as one in ensuite) to have one. (but having said that could you just do a shower over the bath?