+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Good GP in Townsville

Hi Ladies,

Not sure if this is in the right area, probably not.

I was just wondering if anyone has a G.P who gives exceptional service? Im early on in my pregnancy and looking for someone and preferrably someone who also gives you a call in regards to test results, im not even sure if doctors do this anymore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We go to Fairfield Waters Medical Centre and will stick with them because they are amazing. The doctor we see calls if she feels the need. They don't bulk bill except for kids under 16 and I think Defense families.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any recommendations but i can tell you where not to go...my family doctors on thuringowa drive...everytime I went I was asked if I was really sure I wanted to keep it and then prescribed antibotics which were not suitable while pregnant lucky I was paranoid and asked the chemist...my friend also went there and she had to fight them on if she was allowed to have an anti d shot or not...good luck I've lived here my whole life and have always struggled to find a good Dr

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can highly recommend Dr Peter Carson at Hermit Park Clinic. I have lived in Townsville for just on 11 years now and he has been my doctor the whole time. I am not yet pregnant but we are trying
    The clinic number is 4725 5355

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also use Peter Carson. He wasn't my GP while I was pregnant (I saw Natalia Smithson who now works for North ward health & wellness clinic & Dr Steve Morkzeki) but we now see Peter constantly with any issues with my 1 year old. He has given me his work email address so if I have any issues I can email him and he'll get back to me directly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's been a long time since I have been in Townsville but Peter Carson is a great doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We see Dr Pioc at Healthlink, he's fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mate, I know this is a very late response, but I'm wondering whether you did find a good GP in Townsville at all? I am TTC at 35 years of age and would love to find a supportive GP. Thanks, and congratulations on the safe arrival of your bub (toddler now I'm guessing!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plus1 View Post
    Hi mate, I know this is a very late response, but I'm wondering whether you did find a good GP in Townsville at all? I am TTC at 35 years of age and would love to find a supportive GP. Thanks, and congratulations on the safe arrival of your bub (toddler now I'm guessing!)
    Hermit park Clinic Dr Christine Askin. I have been going there for many, many years. It is a good clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plus1 View Post
    Hi! I used tolive in Townsville, moved a couple of years ago though. I saw Dr Claire Poolman when I lived there. She was great. She was at United Medical Centre in Mount Louisa. Good Luck!