+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Sleepy Wrap / Hug a Bub OR Ergo for newborn

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a carrier for me? I'm looking at the Sleepy Wrap and the Ergo and just wondering if I should get one or the other or both? My newborn is quite a large baby (2wks old and 5kgs) so I'm wondering if he will outgrow the Sleepy wrap too quickly.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've bought the manduca

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've got an Ergo and sleepy wrap, but I am going to use the Sleepy wrap as I haven't heard very positive things about the newborn inserts in the Ergo, so haven't bought one (insert).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My bub was born 5kg and i used a close carrier til he was around 4 months and then into the Ergo. the close carrier is made of similar stretchy material to the Sleepywrap.

i haven't tried the infant insert for the Ergo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    My bub was born 5kg and i used a close carrier til he was around 4 months and then into the Ergo. the close carrier is made of similar stretchy material to the Sleepywrap.

i haven't tried the infant insert for the Ergo.
    Have you used the Sleep Wrap too as a comparison? The Close Carrier is fairly new here and I haven't heard many reviews yet. But I like the idea of less tying but still get the closeness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't find it easy to put on the ergo. I think they're better for a bit older babies too. If you do buy it, don't buy on eBay. Lots of fakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can second the close carrier. I had a HAB but the time it took to wrap was a pain. The close carrier is so similar but so easy. I still use it at 7.5 months. It's a breeze to put on to do the groceries etc. Takes less than a minute. DH would use it too whereas he wouldn't touch the HAB.

I also have a Manduca which is mostly used for back carries. We didn't have it from newborn though so can't comment on that although it is handy that the insert is built in rather than with the ergo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Sleepy Wrap and an Ergo and a bub on the heavier side too

I liked the Sleepy Wrap once I learned how to tie it properly. I disliked how it would drag on the ground while I was tying it and how after wearing a little while bub had slipped down due to its stretchiness.

I really don't like the Ergo newborn insert, it's hot and quilty and makes it so that I have to lay it and bub down to position it before I put it on.

I'm no help, I use a ring sling with the Newbie for those reasons I listed :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post

I liked the Sleepy Wrap once I learned how to tie it properly. I disliked how it would drag on the ground while I was tying it and how after wearing a little while bub had slipped down due to its stretchiness.
    This is why the Close carrier rocks :-) The tails don't hang down too far and you can tighten while wearing *IF* it does get loose (I say that because it is only recently as DS is getting older that it sometimes loosens a tad).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkie View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a carrier for me? I'm looking at the Sleepy Wrap and the Ergo and just wondering if I should get one or the other or both? My newborn is quite a large baby (2wks old and 5kgs) so I'm wondering if he will outgrow the Sleepy wrap too quickly.

Thanks
    I got both the sleepy wrap and the ergo. Won't use the ergo until he is a bit bigger...