+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default 9 month Old and Bottles

Hey ladies, Im not sure if this has been done a million times before so please forgive me If Im repeating a frequently asked question!

How many bottles does/did your 9 month old have? DS just turned 9 months and is still feeding every 4 hours through the day and night. He's on S26 and has a 210 ml bottle just before bed and the rest are 180 mls. He pretty much finishes all of them. I guess Im just curious because he was a great sleeper and now he is up so many times a night and Im guessing its for a bottle because he refuses to settle any other way and he never throws it up. Please tell me this is normal! Many people have mentioned a growth spurt but to be honest he has fed like this and much much worse since the day he was born so really Im just looking to see if anybody else is in the same bopat and make me feel a little bit better Oh and he has solids 3 times a day as well TIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is 9.5mths and still has 4 x 200mls per day. He also eats 3 meals.

Some days he leaves a bit in his 11am &/or 3.30pm bottles, so if this continues then I may start to drop a feed and make it 3 a day.

His last feed is at bed time (7pm) and then doesn't wake/feed again until 6.30-7am. He's been doing this since about 7mths

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for replying DS was a great sleeper but is now waking every couple of hours overnight for a bottle and in between that he is waking and playing; We are so sleep deprived and it pretty much feels like hes a newborn again. I dont think we will be able to drop any bottles just yet...I dunno hes my first bubba n Im just so confused!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know the feeling! But if your bub is otherwise healthy and happy, then meh, you're doing a great job

A couple of weeks ago we had a week of terrible sleep and all night waking - I was ripping my hair out because he's usually a great sleeper too. Turns out he had 2 teeth coming through at same time the poor thing. Back to normal now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep hes definitley a happy healthy boy lol I just figured we would keep doing what we are doing, he obviously needs the bottles. DS got one tooth straight after another, I feel your pain Oh and thank you

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi op sorry this is brief I'm bout to begin some housework but my dd turned 1 in April and still has bottles four hourly day and night . To me it's very normal , don't this feel like your alone !! Xxoo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heeeeerekittykitty View Post
    Hi op sorry this is brief I'm bout to begin some housework but my dd turned 1 in April and still has bottles four hourly day and night . To me it's very normal , don't this feel like your alone !! Xxoo
    Thank you so much, I can relax about it now! Because hes my first I feel like I second guess everything, so happy to know its very normal.Thanks for the replies ladies I really appreciate it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

heeeeerekittykitty  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 8 1/2 months and has 4 bottles, one before breakfast, one before lunch and then mid day sleep, one at 4pm and then one before bed at 7pm, he dosent wake through the night
    Unless he has lost his dummy or is thirsty, I give him water and he goes back to sleep, but generally dosent wake at all

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Thank you so much, I can relax about it now! Because hes my first I feel like I second guess everything, so happy to know its very normal.Thanks for the replies ladies I really appreciate it

I know , we all doubt ourselves at times ! You have to do what works for you and if it's working and isn't bothering you then I'd definitely relax and not give it a second thought !!

Besides from DD still waking my DS is 2.5 and still wakes twice a night for a bottle . Sure I know it wouldn't work for some , but I definitely lean to the very relaxed side about these things , who am I to say he's not still hungry or thirsty.

9 months is still just a wee little baby in my eyes , I wouldn't second guess myself for a second :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    DS is 8 1/2 months and has 4 bottles, one before breakfast, one before lunch and then mid day sleep, one at 4pm and then one before bed at 7pm, he dosent wake through the night
    Unless he has lost his dummy or is thirsty, I give him water and he goes back to sleep, but generally dosent wake at all
    Thanks! Just goes to show that every baby is so different

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub