+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There is NO WAY i'd raught the system. Makes me sick that people do that. Centrelink will be notified the moment before we move in together.
    I wont be qualified until the new year, but i know some schools will employ student TA's, just depends on job avaliability.

I'm looking into supermarkets and the like to see if there are any jobs going there. It;s so hard to get a job, i've been out of work 6 years (DD is 6 next month ) and my resume looks pathetic. All i've done in 6 yrs is volunteer work with the salvo's and school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinOnAPrayer View Post
    There is NO WAY i'd raught the system. Makes me sick that people do that. Centrelink will be notified the moment before we move in together.
    I wont be qualified until the new year, but i know some schools will employ student TA's, just depends on job avaliability.

I'm looking into supermarkets and the like to see if there are any jobs going there. It;s so hard to get a job, i've been out of work 6 years (DD is 6 next month ) and my resume looks pathetic. All i've done in 6 yrs is volunteer work with the salvo's and school.
    Don't despair at your resume ... You will just need to find the right employer for you and it all still counts.

You could also try contacting clink seeing if you are linked with a job network agency who can help you find employment ... They can also offer wage subsidies to employers to take on people as an extra incentive.

My biggest peeve is when people don't cancel pps when their circumstances change. Two girls in my mg are on pps but live with bfs who are not bd ... One of the girls was telling me the other day that they couldn't afford to live together without the pps - her bf is a self employed landscaper; she has her own business (gets paid in cash) plus pps and cs. I was also watching her 3yo run around with a billabong parka and a d&g hat and shoes (seriously???) grrrrrrr

You sound ace and made me smile when you saidbf is better

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you been on their website and completed the online estimator? I know that speaking to them on the phone I kept getting different advice and it was different to the online estimator. I was told we wouldn't get any rent assistance when speaking to them on the phone however, the online estimator came back with an amount and when I went into a branch they said we were eligible for a small amount of rent assistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lolly Dolly the estimator says even less lol. But i've spoken to DP (he's doing homework with DD right now ) And he said we'll make it work

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LivinOnAPrayer For This Useful Post:

sandy_1902  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinOnAPrayer View Post
    Lolly Dolly the estimator says even less lol. But i've spoken to DP (he's doing homework with DD right now ) And he said we'll make it work
    Sounds like a keeper

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (19-06-2012),LivinOnAPrayer  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear! My ds is only 14 months so I'm still very new to this but does the childs age effect the amount? I'm only asking because we get only a little less than what your getting but dp earns quite a bit more than $600 a week...I am sure that its correct. Maybe I'll double check!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I agree your new dp sounds like a great guy!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LollyDolly For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He really is

I've just done up a budget. Would anyone mind sharing theres so i can see if i've missed anything important please?

We are looking to buy a home (DP has a decent deposit) and renting is almost as bad as a mortgage repayment on a small home here, but thats once i have a job

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's really hard, I had to learn to let go of the strong single mum mindset and let him care for DS and I financially - despite the fact I worked full-time! He still had to support us!

All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Benji, that aspect is hard isnt it. I've been on my own for over 3 yrs and im not used to depending on anyone!