+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the City Chic. They are awesome!!! I've found a lot of practically new city chic items on eBay.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparker For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (18-06-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Control underwear helps with tummy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another tip cause u mentioned pants. I hate them too im a size 14 but feel much more comfy in leggings and dresses but i get the maternity leggings (target) as they are high rise and go up over ur belly. They are fantastic!! Also for stockings i buy the razz a mattaz curvy stockings ( i think thats who makes them) and they are great for holding in the tummy and are again high rise!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    Another tip cause u mentioned pants. I hate them too im a size 14 but feel much more comfy in leggings and dresses but i get the maternity leggings (target) as they are high rise and go up over ur belly. They are fantastic!! Also for stockings i buy the razz a mattaz curvy stockings ( i think thats who makes them) and they are great for holding in the tummy and are again high rise!

I wear a lot of leggings - I just don't feel dressed up or glamorous in them iykwim??
    Any ideas on dressing them
    Up a bit ! Too feel girly etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK you NEED control underwear- Spanx, Nancy Gantz or (my favourites) hold me tight's from BIG W. They are AWESOME at holding in the saggy tummy skin. Dress the leggings up by wearing nice leggings and turf them as soon as they fade/look ball-ey. I wear knee high boots or low wedge booties or cute wedges with my leggings, plus cute tunic tops/knits etc. I also always straighten my hair and wear a full face of makeup daily- I just find hair and makeup adds to an outfit and I love wearing makeup- I can get ready in half an hour from the moment I jump in the shower in the mornings and that's pretty impressive I reckon!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopefulmama2b For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (19-06-2012),ShanandBoc  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well i usually just wear plain black leggings with boots or wedges or pretty thongs in summer.....i have lots of little dresses with pretty patterns or get some in bright colours. If i wear a black dress ill jazz it up with a long necklace and coloured scalf, brown boots rather than wear all black. Never. I repeat never wear leggings as pants lol.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

hopefulmama2b  (19-06-2012),SassyMummy  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is a shop at the Freo markets called "jor vee" the ladies that own and design the clothing are bigger sized women and look great in the clothing. It's a comfortable fabric and many styles can be worn different ways. Worth checking it out! They are working on an Internet site but if you search "jor vee" on Facebook you will find their page with pics and I think they have a brochure.

I think also that bigger women look good in leggings with a baby doll style top or a maxi dress.

Avoid stripes of any description and don't wear white, will make you look bigger.

My sister in law is large and she had a makeover type thing at a shopping centre. They had fashion designers there advising her what to wear/not to wear, clothes to make you look slimmer and they dressed her etc. She got inspired and looks great now because of it. It helped her a lot.