+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Clothes

Ok since having children I have let myself go a bit!!
    I tend to not have time to make myself 'beautiful' with 4 young kids!!
    I don't like buying clothes as the only ones I do buy are just things I can throw on quickly!! I don't really have any going out clothes and tend to be saggy with over size clothes due to my tummy from having 4 c sections!!
    I try my best to hide the overhang ( I'm a bigger girl about a size 18-20) my stomach grosses me out and I hate looking in the mirror, if I catch a glimpse I myself while getting into the shower I spend the whole day depressed as it had just reminded me of what I actually look like

I need some tips from you ladies on how I can dress nicer etc and still look decent with my ugly tummy!! My partner always says things like oh why can't you Wear this or that etc etc but I just don't feel comfortable with having clothes that are going to show my sagging tummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump!!

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wrap tunics and wrap dresses are the best. You can cinch them in as tight as you want boot cut pants, or a-line skirts, too wrap skirts are good as well IMO.

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Avoid baggy stuff if you don't want to look bigger than you really are, too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Molly Coddle For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DO you perhaps have a recent photo of yourself (full body) you can share? It's a bit hard to offer clothing advice on information alone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey sassy, what about a good pair of jeans that fit well? I was the same size and wore them, if you get the right pair they can look really dressy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks Ezza... though I think you mean Jemma. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read a great book (i borrowed from the library) called "Style on a shoestring" By Andy Paige (stylist from show 10 years younger)

It has some amazing tips and mentions not wearing baggy clothes as they do make you look bigger. Tops / jackets thats that cinch at the waist and then are a little looser over tummy area are great for making u appear slimmer and giving u some shape iykwim?

A - line skirts look great on just about everyone too.

It even goes into shoes / bags and how to use them to look leaner, taller etc. I want to buy the book now just to have it on hand!!
    Last edited by ShanandBoc; 18-06-2012 at 16:18. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would seriously recommend joining City Chic's mailing list. They will eMail you when they have sales - and often, when City Chic do a sale, they have BIG discounts!

I often found they were quite flattering over the tummy region... even things that were fitted had extra room for a belly, so they might have given a "pencil skirt," effect, but they had disguised all the loose, saggy skin parts.

I was in love with City Chic when I was plus-sized. They are costly, but like I said - keep an eye out for their sales, or join Facebook groups where people buy/swap/sell their stuff. Also keep an eye on eBay.

Good thing is, I found their sizes to be pretty much uniform regardless of style. I always knew that if I ordered a certain size, it would fit... so once I went in and tried on a few things to figure out what size I was in their brand, then it was all good. Good news was in City Chic you'll likely be about a S (small)... it's nice to be the skinnier girl in the big girl's shop. lol. Or at least it was for me anyway.

Here's a good blog... she's a bit about boobs and bras, but she's also about a size 18-20 and works it. http://fullerfigurefullerbust.com/

This gorgeous lass is also not skinny (I think she's borderline plus-size, depending on where she buys at the moment), and rocks a lot of what she wears: http://frocksandfroufrou.com/

I agree with "don't do baggy."

Go for an empire waist if you don't have much of a natural waist, or something that cinches on the natural waist if you've got a nice nipped-in one. If you get something from City Chic it'll likely flow nicely over your saggier areas, but even if not from there, you just look for something full-skirted. Cute cardigans and fitted coats will look nicer than something that's just saggy. It's REALLY hard in stores right now because it's all about baggy and shapeless... which sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sooo much guys!!
    I just want to feel glamorous and girly again like I use to!!
    The saggy part of my belly makes it hard to get pants to fit properly cause its quite big!!
    I have been told even with losing weight that it will never completely go away just be smaller!!