+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Advice please! When do you give your opinion on blogs?

Hi everyone!

We've got quite a few contributors writing on our site since we launched the Bub Hub blog section. http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/blog.php

We were working on improving the section but one thing that might be lost is the ability for BUB HUB members to comment on blog posts using their BH membership.

1. Is this an important feature that we should keep?

2. Do you comment on blogs anyway? Why or why not?

3. Would you prefer to comment under a non-BH or anonymous username anyway to protect your identity on the forum?

Would love your advice on this one!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think by definition a blog should be interactive, ie, with the ability for the viewer to leave a response- otherwise you are just reading an article.
    I have commented but I kind of get put off as not many people seem to comment if that makes sense?
    I think using your BH username does filter trolls and advertising/spammers, but maybe it would be nice to have the option of not displaying your user name?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I think by definition a blog should be interactive, ie, with the ability for the viewer to leave a response- otherwise you are just reading an article.
    I have commented but I kind of get put off as not many people seem to comment if that makes sense?
    I think using your BH username does filter trolls and advertising/spammers, but maybe it would be nice to have the option of not displaying your user name?
    Hi - thanks for responding!

Totally agree with you! We will always give the opportunity for you to leave a comment - but at the moment you can't unless you are logged in to BH.

We want more people to comment so we are looking at ways for non-members to be able to comment too. Except this might mean that members won't be able to comment using their current membership - they'll still be able to comment though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there an option for a non member to log in as a "guest", I've seen this on a few other websites....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eviezmum For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by eviezmum View Post
    Is there an option for a non member to log in as a "guest", I've seen this on a few other websites....
    Hi eviezmum! There isn't at the moment so we are working on implementing it.

Only problem is that when we do we will probably lose the ability for current BH members to comment with their username while logged in.

I guess this thread is about deciding if that is important to our members ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-editor For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you make the blog, so that the comments do not get in the way of the blog?

EG, blog can be updated and free flowing, with comments all located below.

I don't like to comment as it interrupts the 'flow'. And I find it hard to remember who the OP was, cause I do like to skip through and read just the Original Posters stuff sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsImpatient View Post
    Could you make the blog, so that the comments do not get in the way of the blog?

EG, blog can be updated and free flowing, with comments all located below.

I don't like to comment as it interrupts the 'flow'. And I find it hard to remember who the OP was, cause I do like to skip through and read just the Original Posters stuff sometimes.
    That's how blogs are already? Are you getting confused with regular discussion threads?