+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Larissa88!!!!

Thank you for getting me!!

I am seeing a therapist, suggested to me by my gp, anyway as I have a history of depression and so will use this as a weapon in my fight to choose what I want done with my body!!

I completely understand where you're coming from and am really disappointed that so many women have to fight to have the birth they want, regardless of what it may be. As far as I'm concerned I'm in a very safe position being in a room with doctors who know what they're doing and will do it in the quickest possible way!

I will be breast feeding and will be an amazing mum so couldn't care less what outsiders think of my choice of delivery!! It doesn't define you and some women need to get over themselves If they think delivering naturally is better than a csection! I actually think they are secretly jealous that we choose to have a quicker, and potentially less painful and less stressful delivery.

I respect the choices of every other woman out there and simply ask the same in return!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Peaze

I had an elective c-section at 39+1, had it booked from 12 weeks No reason other than I thought it was the best option for bubby and I.

It was a wonderful experience I will do the same next time. I was very lucky to have had a stress free and problem free pregnancy so had some initial uncertainty over having a c-sect when I had a "perfect" pregnancy, but at the end of the day decided to follow my heart and give my baby the lowest risk (in my opinion) entrance to the outside world that I could. We have had a wonderful breastfeeding relationship (she is now 6 months and has just started solids, but has been 100% BF until now) and have had an amazing connection in every other way. We had skin-to-skin from the start and have a beautiful relationship. I would happily recommend an elective c-section. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Best of luck to you and your precious bub! xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cam11 For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Peaze and Larissa88

Like the last poster, I also had an elective c-sect because I (and DH) thought it was best for bubs and I. In the end, DS's cord was so tightly wrapped around his neck twice, that if I'd gone into spontaneous labour he would have been very unlikely to make it (he would have strangled). For DH and I, that totally justifies my decision - but even if that potential complication hadn't have existed, I'm still glad I chose that birthing option for a variety of reasons. Please feel free to PM me if you like.

I absolutely agree that every woman has the right to chose how they want to birth their child - and if someone's choice is an elective c-section, they are entitled to that choice and shouldn't be judged, offered unwanted "advice" or told they are wrong. They are not wrong 9how can they be if they are being true to what they want?) and they shouldn't be made to feel pressured by other's views on how birth "should" be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going public can be a pain in the a*s*s sometimes!! I had top health insurance for years than decided to drop it and than - bam, preggas! I am going c-section because I have a huge fear of loosing the baby (previous miscarriages) and wanted to be in a controlled environment and personally feel that c-section is the safest way to deliver my baby. At first the hospital wasn't keen on my reasoning and one midwife said I was wasting her time talking about c-sections because she'd rather have a natural birth than go to the dentist - WTF!! Anyway, being the direct person that I am I straight away went to see the maternity unity manager to discuss my concerns and my wishes for a c-section. She was an angel and since I have previously had loss councelling and still have a genuine desire for a c-section she signed me off on it. I recommend to go to the top if no one listens to you (sometimes thats the best place to start).
    Remember that its your body and your anguish and if that means the best option for your fears is a c-section then you fight for it hunny!!
    Yes people will try to talk you out of it, that natural birth is normal, that your born for it, that histroy isn't your future - don't be swayed by anyone but yourself...
    Best of Luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I'm also looking for an elective C-section through a public hospital. Can you please let me know which hospitals you have used with success in this? Peaze I know you mentioned your hospital does have this option.
    Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you for all your support ladies!! My ob agreed almost straight away and I couldn't be happier

Busselton hospital in WA is where I'll be having it!

And I'm having a girl!!!! Yay ))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear it all worked out for you!! Thanks for the info. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy. 😃