+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I laboured walking around at home and by the time I got to hospital, I was just about ready, so after a looksee, I was just sitting up on the bed. On my knees/all fours was horribly uncomfortable for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had pictured that I would have my first baby kneeling up on bed holding bed head (on friends advice) but was too exhausted that the midwife asked me to lay on bed but with bed in a seated position so I was sitting semi reclined with the foot of bed down. It was fine as I was still more upright than flat.

My second baby I had on all fours on the floor with my upper torso over a fitball, holding onto my DH hands as he sat on a chair at my head.

Both actual births were fast, DS out in 30 mins of pushing (only 15mins active pushing) DD out in 10mins (only 3 active pushes). Only grazes with both. I wouldnt say I preffered one over the other.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have any idea before hand what position I would be in to birth, except that I was planning to be in a birth pool. With my first I was on my knees in the pool for the whole second stage. With my second I was also on my knees until he started to crown and then I turned over so my first child could see his brother being born (he was there at the birth, being minded by my mum).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't say I had any intentions of how I would birth my baby but I labored at home on my knees leaning over my couch and in the car on my knees leaning over the front seat. Once in hospital I again dropped straight to my knees leaning on the bed and that's where I stayed and birthed him that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I labored half the time sitting on a ball and leaning over the bed but when the contraptions got to much (induced) I climb onto the bed and laid on my side, birthed on my back. I hoped to be in the bath for most of my labour but couldn't because I was being monitored for the induction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I laboured lying on my back on the bed, not my decision but I was being monitored because I was induced. Was awful and I kept asking to go to the toilet just so I could get up. Finally they let me off the bed and I hopped in the shower, did nothing so went back to the bed on my side (I was all alone on the antenatal ward so no one to help me)
    When I finally got down to labour ward about half hr before DS was born I wanted to stay on the toilet but they got me on the bed and I had him on my back with the bed half up with 10 mins of pushing.
    Next time I'm REALLY hoping not to be induced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I labored in the shower and the room on my knees leaning over a fitball or the bed and then I was on my knees leaning over the bed head when I birthed him. I planned on staying in the shower to give birth (when the midwife suggested getting out of the shower I was all "not a chance!" and then all of a sudden I wanted out lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I laboured at home, walking around and bouncing on the ball. I tried the shower but found it too uncomfortable. The drive to the hospital was torture. Sitting on the toilet was good and I wish i could have pushed there lol.

When pushing I kneeled on the bed leaning against the back. I wish the midwife had encouraged me to get off the bed, I was pushing for an hour like that and then lay on my back with leg up on her shoulder and he was born within 15mins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I wanted to be upright and as active as possible, and was keen to be in the shower or bath during labour. I ended up being induced, and after having my waters broken I walked and walked and walked - around the block, up and down hospital corridors, up and down the stairs. Once I was back in the birthing suite I tried the ball but it wasn't doing it for me so I ended up kneeling over the head of the bed, and that's where I stayed for 2 hours until I ended up on my back to push.

There's no way I could have stayed on my back during labour - when I did lie down it hurt so so so much more! Pushing didn't hurt but I think lying on my back did slow it down. Next time I'd prefer to remain upright but at the time I didn't really care!

I love One Born Every Minute but it's such a different experience to the one I had (and I had an induction in a private hospital), and I just feel for those women.

ETA: looks like we have a pattern here - kneeling seems to be pretty popular. I didn't really think about it, it was instinct.
    Last edited by Hamilicious; 18-06-2012 at 09:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was hoping for a water birth, but cos my waters broke early and couldn't be enduced I was strapped up with heaps of monitors and couldn't get wet. So I laboured on my left side for hours until I finally went in for an emmergency CS.
    Although I had no choice where I sat/layed down cos bubs heart rate would drop in any other position I felt very comfortable on my side.
    Am hoping to be able to do anything but just lay on my side this time, preferable in a bath!