Closed Thread
Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Women blaming?? What the?

I am also getting the vibe from this thread that it should be a woman's choice to birth any way she feels fit, I agree with lambjam on this - I am freedom of choice to a certain extent. But when its high risk and seriously not in the best interest of mum or bub then that is where I think medical intervention becomes necessary. Even if the mother doesn't want it. p

I guess that makes me not a feminist - I am devo.
    Why should pregnancy diminish a competent adult women's right to refuse care?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (20-06-2012),Bubbles10  (19-06-2012),Busy-Bee  (19-06-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Ha! My drs falsified the reports so there is no proof that they damaged me.
    I'm going to hold your hand while everyone declares you a lier. Because I have friends it has happened to as well.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (19-06-2012),Bubbles10  (19-06-2012),Busy-Bee  (19-06-2012),IndigoJ  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well i did. I overturned their decision. Ripping me open wasnt good enough, they wanted to slice me open instead. I told them to stick their decision. I VBed my second baby after 4th degree tears. I AM qualified enough to have a say with what happens to my body, and that is the reason for birth plans.
    You took a risk and it paid off for you - unfortunately the woman who refused to take on a doctor and midwives advice last week at my work and her child both died.
    You have rights - but your not an OB, you're not a Dr and you're not a midwife who is aware of all the information - if you think you're more qualified than a professional....

But sorry for upsetting anyone in this thread if that's what I've done - I wasn't aware that my opinion isn't welcome and that I can't have my own thoughts and feelings on things....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACS84 View Post
    You took a risk and it paid off for you - unfortunately the woman who refused to take on a doctor and midwives advice last week at my work and her child both died.
    You have rights - but your not an OB, you're not a Dr and you're not a midwife who is aware of all the information - if you think you're more qualified than a professional....

But sorry for upsetting anyone in this thread if that's what I've done - I wasn't aware that my opinion isn't welcome and that I can't have my own thoughts and feelings on things....
    Passive aggressive much?
    The only risk would have been me having to poo in a bag for the rest of my life...or so they threatened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha! My drs falsified the reports so there is no proof that they damaged me.
    That's BS - not what you're saying but that someone could be that ballsy and just plain wrong.

I'd still consult with a lawyer - I doubt it would be the first time that Dr had done it and if you could find more people to assist I'd file as a group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are they going to follow it up legally? If it was neglect from the medical persons involved I would certainly be getting it investigated - there is a duty of care they are owed.
    No, because they had a high needs baby to deal with, they were suffering physically and emotionally and were both off work for a few months so unable to afford it. It was looked into, but since using the word "solicitor" their files have conveniently gone missing.

My nephew's birth was a negative experience for him and those around him because medical professionals made poor choices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

No one said you couldn't have thoughts and feelings, just don't expect everyone to agree with you

Yes we have rights, we have the right to make informed medical choices just like anyone else in hospital and just like anyone else we have the right to be involved in our medical treatment and we have the right to refuse treatment.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

ACS84  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That's BS - not what you're saying but that someone could be that ballsy and just plain wrong.

I'd still consult with a lawyer - I doubt it would be the first time that Dr had done it and if you could find more people to assist I'd file as a group.
    Ive made peace with it. The moment i birthed my second baby without their help, against their advice, i rubbed it in their faces that they screwed up and they were wrong. Those experienced, been to uni for 300years Drs, were wrong!

The only time i get upset by it is if someone tries to lessen the way i did it. If someone said to me "oh you should have had a csec" or "you shouldnt have made that call, the Drs are more experienced", that is what makes me angry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Passive aggressive much?
    The only risk would have been me having to poo in a bag for the rest of my life...or so they threatened.
    That's your opinion - I wasn't there - I don't know all the facts - but threatening someone into a decision is just bad practice so I agree - puts a sour taste in your mouth following direction when it comes in the form of a threat.

I am non confrontational and I do feel bad if I've upset anyone seriously - I hate being upset about something I feel passionate about.

So apologies.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ACS84 For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Why should pregnancy diminish a competent adult women's right to refuse care?
    Well, okay - so it goes wrong and the worst happens and then what? We are supposed to hold their hand, say how awful it must be, offer sympathy? Even thought hey could have prevented it all because they knew they were high risk. I'm talking the high risk where ever homebirth advocates don't recommend homebirth in that situation..