Closed Thread
Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    No to blood products - if the situation is that dire we will be in hospital by then. Also, the biggest immediate threat of blood loss is hypovolaemia, so fluids are sufficient to prevent death on the way to hospital as they maintain blood volume, hence pressure, so zero need for blood at home

Yes to intubation, it is in the resus kit, as well as a full tank of oxygen.

Yes the hospital will accept me a) no hospital can refuse anyone brought in by ambulance. B) im going through a publically funded HB program attached to a hospital. They are fully aware who i am and my plans for a homebirth

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Thanks

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    You dont know. Just as you dont know in a hospital. The midwives at home use the exact same criteria as midwives in hospital to determine if a labour is going pear-shaped, such as merconium stained waters, etc. If something indicates anything is wrong it is immediate transfer to hospital, you are in theatre just as fast as a woman in the birthing suite who starts going pear-shaped.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    If anything it would be faster because you can call ahead and they can have the theatre or whatever else ready and prepped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What's wrong with finding your own experience special?

I don't understand why women can't talk about it, whether it be a positive or negative experience?

My friends and I talk about our births all the time. Some special, some bloody strong amazing women, some sad. Difference is I guess, we don't judge and wouldn't scoff if one in our group had a birth plan or had a plan for her placenta.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (20-06-2012),headoverfeet  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    What's wrong with finding your own experience special?

I don't understand why women can't talk about it, whether it be a positive or negative experience?

My friends and I talk about our births all the time. Some special, some bloody strong amazing women, some sad. Difference is I guess, we don't judge and wouldn't scoff if one in our group had a birth plan or had a plan for her placenta.
    There is nothing wrong with talking about it, being happy/sad about it, rejoicing in it or whatever, its when certain women look down their noses the way others have birthed that the problem arises.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Yes and in my opinion I think they are really important.
    Then if a midwife is not qualified (in your opinion) why do government funded homebirth programs let them do them?[/QUOTE]

A midwife is not anywhere near as qualified as a dr is but is qualified to care for normal low risk pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Then if a midwife is not qualified (in your opinion) why do government funded homebirth programs let them do them?
    A midwife is not anywhere near as qualified as a dr is but is qualified to care for normal low risk pregnancies.
    Half the drs probably don't have any idea, they float in and out, midwives are there the whole birth and IMO they would see and exprience much more and I would trust a midwife over a DR.
    Last edited by Fuchsia!; 19-06-2012 at 11:55.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuchsia! For This Useful Post:

Super Trooper  (19-06-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm unsure if this whole idea of competition stems from people being smug or people being jealous? I mean why else would you care either way how someone else birthed their baby?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    There is nothing wrong with talking about it, being happy/sad about it, rejoicing in it or whatever, its when certain women look down their noses the way others have birthed that the problem arises.
    I do agree with this. I don't have a problem if a woman felt empowered or special because of her own experience.

I also think that turning down a nose at someone includes their birth plan and wishing for them to fail so we can pull the old 'told you so'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Which is exactly what Mia did, she is looking down on those who has done it differently.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Please tell me I'm not the only one seeing miss-quotes happening?