Closed Thread
Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    What medical attention does the baby recieve at home?? Is there a paed there waiting to do a ck??
    There are these people, called Midwives, who've done years of medical training specifically in the area of maternal health and babies.

Assuming the labour has gone well and there were no concerns about the babies health it's a safe option.

There would be not much more a paed could do than a MW in an emergency situation? So I don't understand your logic.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (19-06-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    At least them being at the hospital you are giving your baby a chance to recieve medical attention if needed.
    Maybe you missed this bit in my previous post

A RECORD $33.2 million in secret payouts have been made in the past year over bungled births in Victoria's public hospitals.

Where was the medical help during these births? Oh that's right they were the ones f things up!

A pp already mentioned that a midwife (there is actually 2 present at most homebirths, one for the mother anyone for the baby) actually brings medical equipment and you can transfer!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I disagree, I'm sure the mortality rate is higher with homebirthed babies then ones born in a hospital. But whatever......
    Can you back that up with some statistics?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

saxonrose  (19-06-2012),Super Trooper  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    No one cares more about the health and safety of the baby then the woman carrying said baby. Women don't choose drug free births for the gold star, they choose them because they believe they are the best possible option for their baby because after all you can't suffer from complications relating to an epidural of you don't have one.

You cannot deny that certain interventions performed during labour have risks, and that if you don't have the intervention then there is no risk of that particular side effect. You can't have an epidural headache without first having an epidural.

Women have homebirths for many reasons. I know a lot of homebirthers, it's the circle I run with, all of them have their own specific reasons but it all boils down to them doing what they believe is best for their baby. No one has ever told me they wanted to birth at home to meet the status quo. No one has ever told me they were doing it for the gold stars and panpipe meditation CD.

Saying that women should birth in hospital because we want the baby safe and if you're not in hospital then you clearly care about something else is insulting.
    I never said have the baby in any particular setting. I said its best to be flexible so that the baby has every chance of arriving safely.

Elleandsam please put me on your ignore list. I am sick of you looking for reasons to argue with me. I have u on mine. I am not sure why you have come up this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I disagree, I'm sure the mortality rate is higher with homebirthed babies then ones born in a hospital. But whatever......
    Actually HB is just as safe, if not safer than a hospital birth if the pg is low risk. That's statistically proven.

All I'm saying is that I think sometimes people trust med pros too much. I get frustrated by the Ob worship that goes on (and I'm not saying that's you). They are fallible, sometimes with big egos and they make a lot of money from surgical births.

My 2nd ob is also my GP and he is brilliant. Low intervention, listens to his patients, love him. But my first wasn't like that.

bad stuff happens in hospitals too lets not forget that.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-06-2012),Benji  (19-06-2012),Bubbles10  (19-06-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Um it's not, plenty of studies out there saying homebirth with a registered midwife is just as safe if not safer than a hospital birth (and they have lower intervention rates, higher breastfeeding rates and women record a higher level of satisfaction).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do the research. No, the statistics do not back this claim at all. The mortality rate is the same. The morbidity rate is HIGHER is hospitals.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I never said have the baby in any particular setting. I said its best to be flexible so that the baby has every chance of arriving safely.

Elleandsam please put me on your ignore list. I am sick of you looking for reasons to argue with me. I have u on mine. I am not sure why you have come up this time.
    And your definition of having every chance of arriving safely is different to mine, that doesn't make either of us wrong, I'm just the one who respects that we both get the right to make that choice for ourselves.

Um that's really rude, this is a public forum. Elleandsam has the right to read whatever is for public viewing if you have her on your ignore list and it's not working thats an issue between you and admin. Don't put it on her.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Benji  (19-06-2012),delirium  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My definition of arriving safely is having an open mind to intervention if needed. So yours is no intervention at all ever?

Thanks
    Reviews
    [/QUOTE]
    At least them being at the hospital you are giving your baby a chance to recieve medical attention if needed.[/QUOTE]

Im sitting here looking at the homebirth kit in front of me. I have an oxygen tank, full resuscitation kit, defib, medications in the fridge, iv lines, iv fluids, catheters, right here in my home. I will have 2 midwives here when i birth. Two very skilled midwives. Not the luck.of the draw new grad in hospital running between several women. If anything looks like it is going pear shape they will pick it up much earlier than a midwife in hospital who may poke her head in every half hour or so. This gives me plenty of time to transfer the 3kms to the hospital by ambo. I have zero chance of unwanted medical intervention, thus zero risk of adverse outcomes for myself or.baby due to intervention. Tell me what further medical assistance my baby or myself should require at hospital?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (19-06-2012),Tildy  (19-06-2012)