Closed Thread
Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Re the midwives not knowing as much as homebirthes..as an outright statement I don't really agree BUT the reason I had 3 extra midwives in the room was because they wanted to see a natural birth. Seriously. That's what I was told by the nurse unit manager the next day.

Um birth is not a party trick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Re the midwives not knowing as much as homebirthes..as an outright statement I don't really agree BUT the reason I had 3 extra midwives in the room was because they wanted to see a natural birth. Seriously. That's what I was told by the nurse unit manager the next day.

Um birth is not a party trick!
    That's really sad that natural birth is seen so rarely by MIDWIVES that they all group in to see it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Don't for a second believe that Mia Freedman is a champion of birth choices. She runs a hate campaign against Homebirth, and has written countless blog posts about how dangerous it is. She tells all about her fabulous epidurals. And to add she wrote awful things about the ABA.

She is an awful hateful person.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (18-06-2012),bumMum  (18-06-2012),headoverfeet  (18-06-2012),jaesmummy  (19-06-2012),Kadorite  (18-06-2012),Super Trooper  (18-06-2012),wrena  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesmummy View Post

I also feel sorry for the writer who considers men in general as uninformed, uncaring morons who don't give a hoot about a woman's birth choices. My husband has actively supported me through seven births with wonder and appreciation of every one. Like many (and probably most) women on here he wanted to know and participate in all decisions made and still now talks more about our birth experiences than I do! And I don't just mean seeing the baby pop out!
    I agree, and the first man that springs to mind is my partner's boss. He had a BBQ a couple of months ago and I met him and his wife for the first time. On their door they had a note about his business, and then his wife's business - she is a homebirth midwife (though currently not working as she has a young baby herself).

I mentioned the sign I saw on the door, and his face lit up and he went on and on about homebirth, how amazing it was, etc etc. His wife became a homebirth midwife after having a caesarean she didn't want, and then going on to have a HBAC at some stage. She told me her story too, but he was excited over the subject and just wanted to let us know how amazing homebirth was.

It made me feel happy to see a man so genuinely excited by not just the birth of his child, but the magical way (in his eyes) that she arrived in the world.

Some men aren't into it... some women aren't into it either... but to assume that no man cares... it sucks that she's never met a man who actually gives a stuff.

I don't know how DP will feel - he's never seen my pregnant, let alone birthing, but he seems to understand my desire to homebirth and sees it as a logical choice. He's not terribly excitable at the best of times so I don't expect that, but I do think he'll be interested in the process more than Mia expects a man would.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (18-06-2012),Busy-Bee  (18-06-2012),elleandsam  (18-06-2012),headoverfeet  (18-06-2012),jaesmummy  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Birth is quite possibly one of the most beautiful, important, intense, powerful, empowering experiences in a womans life, no matter how it happens, be it freebirth to c/sec. To say the birthing experience doesnt matter, to mother, father or baby, is pure ignorance.

Im pretty sure mia doesnt have a uterus, or a soul. And she definitely doesnt have a brain.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (18-06-2012),Kadorite  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always felt sorry for women who have c-sections. Any operation (cutting of your protective skin) is open to major problems. That woman have to do it isn't their fault. It is usually for the health of the mother &/or baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    But she's not talking about ALL women who give birth. She's talking about Birthzillas.

To me the debates are a bit like this:

"Lots of women care about their weddings. Caring about having a nice wedding day doesn't make you a bad person. Wanting the day to be nice doesn't mean you don't love your husband. My wedding was expensive, but it mattered to me, and it's up to me what I spend my money on. I love hearing about my friends' wedding days. What kind of horrible person thinks badly of their friends talking about their weddings?"

All fair. But none of that means there aren't Bridezillas out there who can be really annoying when it comes to their wedding day.

I would assume that most women on here don't identify as Birthzillas!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-06-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (18-06-2012)

Guest Guest
    Homebirthers don't go into this decision with the attitude of 'whatever happens happens' like many women do during a hospital birth (and I was one of those women) Homebirthers plan for every possible case scenario, they research and learn as much about birthing as possible, no one has a homebirth without knowing ALL the pros and cons and without knowing as much as possible about their particular circumstance. Ie. birthing a breech baby. How many midwives can say they've delivered a breech baby? How many midwives can say they know HOW to deliver a breech under xyz circumstance. A homebirther planning this will undergo alot research and decide on the best course of action and will employ a midwife who has experience if they're not freebirthing.
    I wasn't making a broad general statement about ALL midwives, but I was highlighting the fact that homebirthers aren't negligent or selfish and are very knowledgable in birthing a baby, and in an emergency they have a plan.
    Just by saying midwives came in to watch a natural labour makes me question how much they're learning about natural birth in todays hospital settings.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Kadorite  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I thought this was about c-section. I thought of a birth plan but then forgot. My daughter came 6 weeks early so never really planned anything. Didn't have a cot, pram, car seat, bag for the hospital pretty much anything.

I was told with my career and age I was more susceptible to post-natel depression. Oddly enough it was all the new career young mums who seemed to have some anal desire to control everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    Don't for a second believe that Mia Freedman is a champion of birth choices. She runs a hate campaign against Homebirth, and has written countless blog posts about how dangerous it is. She tells all about her fabulous epidurals. And to add she wrote awful things about the ABA.

She is an awful hateful person.

No surprises really. She was the editor of a magazine that plays on the insecurities of women to make money after all...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Benji  (18-06-2012),elleandsam  (18-06-2012),headoverfeet  (18-06-2012),jaesmummy  (19-06-2012),Super Trooper  (18-06-2012)