Closed Thread
Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Exactly no one walks around going my god if my partner has one more erection his penis will be floppy and stretched and will never be hard and stiff again
    LOL this gave me a good chuckle

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (18-06-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are some people (SOME) who don't realise that yammering about their perfect birth just constantly reminds those of us who've experienced birth trauma how things went poorly for us.

Ahh but that's right, they're just being proud of their good birth that happened after their bad one. Damn shame they care more about yelling their pride from there rooftops than they do about woman who don't HAVE that solace.

Just a thought.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    I Lol'd at her bit about the signature on forums. "proudly waterbirthed at home" "proudly homebirthed".
    Why is that funny?? This is the root of the problem I have with the article - "let's have a good chuckle at women who find their birth experience incredibly important to them, they need to get their priorities sorted out".

Well excuuuuse me Mia but my son's birth is absolutely the most important event that has ever and will ever happen to me in my entire life. Not to mention the most important/life-changing physical experience I'll ever have. I don't care if it wasn't that important to you, but stop judging me for allowing it to become a pretty important part of my life's journey. And if I want a friggin birth plan for such an event it doesn't make me a "birthzilla" (so rude!) it makes me prepared and informed. Such a bizarre attitude!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

Kadorite  (18-06-2012)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Are you serious... I would hardly be jealous of a woman who has had major surgery to have a baby not to mention the scar you end up with! And I had 2 natural births and my ladies bits are still nicely intact thankyou very much! The reference to not being intact after a vaginal birth bugs me, it all goes back!!
    And your reference to my beautiful, life-giving scar bugs me. How about we all agree this is a no-go zone?

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (18-06-2012),beebs  (18-06-2012),BlissedOut  (18-06-2012),CakeyLoaf  (18-06-2012),delirium  (18-06-2012),Guest654  (18-06-2012),jbish  (19-06-2012),marie45  (18-06-2012),share a book  (18-06-2012),TimTamsandTea  (19-06-2012),Ulysses  (18-06-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    the whole argument about what type of birth is better is just proof that people feel insecure about their own choices. Those who feel secure in their own choices do not need to put others choices down even if they don't agree with them.

there is enough pressure on women. Let's support other peoples choices even if we don't agree with them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

marie45  (18-06-2012),MinkyJ  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marie45 View Post
    FFwd 6 months down the track during a txting argument with my bish of a SIL and she pull the 'You will never know the joy of natural childbirth' insult. I didn't know it was a competition until then and I felt so hurt and like my sons birth was second rate because this woman who had 2 natural births decided to make it an argument piece. My reply to her was childish. It was along the lines of 'well at least my dh is still satisfied by my undamaged vagina.' Immature I know, but boy it felt good at the time. SO when I read the article the first thing that popped into my head was that response when I was attacked about the 'failure' of a birth experience I had with my first.
    I can unerstand this, although I think your response is just as offensive as your SIL's original response. My vajayjay WAS damaged. So was my bum. My DP still loves me and we have no problems in the bedroom whatsoever - he tells me all the time it's pretty and, (TMI) tight.

I have a small scar down there.

That does NOT make me damaged goods.

My back also has a scar from having a mole removed. Probably bigger than my scar down there. My back is still "intact".

I do agree with you that a CS can be just as beautiful and exciting and special as a VB - but comments like "well MY thingy is intact" are exactly the kind of comments that will have people like your SIL saying stupid things back because those who have VBs have to listen to the same old arguments, too. Funnily enough my ex SIL told me right before I was about to give birth that I would have haemmrhoids and all of these horror stories, none of which happened but she said all of this because she had caesarians and asked me how I was birthing. Should've replied none of your damn business

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Well all going to plan, my partner will have to deal with a caesarean-scarred belly AND a vagina that has birthed a baby. Poor man. He'll probably have to leave me... in search of someone with a flawless belly or a honeymoon fresh vag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ^
    Welcome to the body of a vbacer, Sassy!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    She has a different opinion to you so therefore doesn't know what she is talking about??

I can see why some people are getting upset about the article, but I still see she isn't meaning it the way most are taking it, she means about the hoity toity up themselves mums who look down their nose at intervention births like you haven't really had a real birth experience if you had intervention, drugs, c/sections. Those mums do exist.
    Um, I didn't recall saying what you quoted so went back to find it and in fact did not say it

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    She doesn't know what she's talking about, simple as that.
    I think she meant to quote Lily.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-06-2012)