+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Has anyone successfully dyed their Moby Wrap/Hugabub style carrier?

I want to change the colour of my old Moby Wrap for new bub on the way..the one I have is called indigo,like a mid blue and I want a more girly colour..but I'm unsure of what result I'll get and what colour to try...just wondering with all that material if it will come out patchy,will it dye evenly,will it even work?!
    Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't dyed a wrap but I can tell you now you'll have to go darker for it to work, or pre-lighten with bleach, which might make it patchy. Also bleaching will generally not lighten the stitching so you'd be stuck with dark stitching. Also different fabrics will take to dye differently.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Would it compromise the integrity of the wrap? Just thinking that the dye and if you used bleach especially would start to break down the fabric making it less safe....I know people dye woven wraps though so it must be safe but I've just never heard of anyone dyeing a stretchy.

What you could do is sew a pocket on the front in a girly pattern/colour....

If you're on facebook, try the babywearing buy sell swap page. There are lots of knowledgeable women on there who will be able to give you advice

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emzluvbub For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Atropos Have been doing a bit of googling about DIY dyeing wraps and I think I might try a red dye on it,it should come out a purplish colour.. I hope,lol... if it doesn't come out nice I'll just keep it for home.
    Last edited by Rockett; 18-06-2012 at 14:24. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ta emzluvbub...Yeah...I'm not keen to use bleach...I'd imagine that would break the material down too..I didn't think of sewing a pocket on,I might try that first,thanks for the idea!
    Last edited by Rockett; 18-06-2012 at 11:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep,it's pretty much the same as a hugabub or a sleepy wrap, so it should be ok