+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, thank you so much..that does make me feel alot better..I know it's been a big adjustment for both kids and teachers with the new curriculum..I do plan to do some extra things with her at home just to help her......xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much...I might have been stressing a bit too much..I'm going to ask tomorrow what reading level she is at so I'll report back then.

And from the previous poster about the grade for behaviour, my girl got a C, she isn't naughty, doesn't bully, it's just that she talks non stop, and is very social etc......

BTW I love her that way....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshinebub View Post
    Wow, thank you so much..that does make me feel alot better..I know it's been a big adjustment for both kids and teachers with the new curriculum..I do plan to do some extra things with her at home just to help her......xx

I just edited in what our principal wrote about it in our newsletter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One thing I was always taught during my training was that a parent should never be surprised by a report. So in that regard her teacher has definitely failed to communicate with you. Sorry she is having a bad year! Hope next year is much better for you. I personally love the cheeky and lively ones. They make the day so much more fun hehehe.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

sunshinebub  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    I personally love the cheeky and lively ones. They make the day so much more fun hehehe.
    oh yes, my little social one...I've had many a teacher in the school come up to me and say "is she always like that? Is she always so friendly and chatty and funny and cute"......xxxx and I'll say yes...I love her x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My year 7 teacher told my mum that I was a social butterfly - and she didn't mean it as a compliment haha. I think it's great!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

sunshinebub  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ha love this!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found out today that my dd is reading at a level 19 and the grade 2 expectation for the end of the year is level 20....is that similiar everywhere??

She can read but has trouble sometimes with fluency and punctuation so I know what I can do to help her....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amz86 View Post
    Hi sunshine bub! :-)

I'm a year 2 teacher in nsw and our end of year goals/expectations for year 2 (although as you said all children are different and some are higher/lower) are that they should be able to read (and comprehend) to a level 20, count to 1000 and recognise numerals to 1000, and to add and subtract without needing counters/visuals... Of course there are many more outcomes of learning but these are some general ones

Hope this helps!
    Sorry for derailing- are the reader levels the same all round NSW- as our schools target level 20 by end of yr 1 (although the range in the class currently is from 8-28) but just wondering if the reader levels may be different from school to school

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm actually in Qld and we have just started the new curriculum so I'd be interested in what other Qld schools levels are...