+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support ?

I was going through my bank statement, I received $14.18 on the 27th April 15th may and 24th may and nothing since then

The child support is taken from ex's centrelink payment by csa and put into my account. It used to go in every second Tuesday and now it's so irregular. Is this normal? It's gone out of his payment but not into my account?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has he gone off c/l payments?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'd call CSA and ask if they have some information on why.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    Has he gone off c/l payments?
    No he hasnt

Thanks
    Reviews
    all them and ask whats going on. You have confirmed wiht him that he is on centrelink still and has had it deducted from his payment for the missing dates? if so definatly call them withthat info!

Thanks
    Reviews
    According to the lady at csa they hold all money till the 3rd Wednesday of the month then I get some and the rest is paid a week later.

it makes no sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They like to make it confusing don't they

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is the $14.18 the full amount or is he in arrears? If there are arrears that are being paid then it makes perfect sense. Also from those dates I would say that he is either no longer on Centrelink or they are no longer garnishing it. Otherwise, I have no idea!

What should happen is this...

CSA collect money from the 1st of the month until the third Wednesday, then they disburse whatever they have collected. (This is your 15 May payment). Anything that is late (so not paid by him before that Wednesday) will be distributed daily after the third Wednesday of the month until the last day of the month (this is likely your 27th of April payment). Likewise if he is an arrears, anything that is collected after the third Wednesday is distributed if it is a payment for an arrears amount (which could account for your 24 May payment). After the last day of the month passes over though, everything (whether in arrears or not) is held until that third Wednesday again. If you know there has been a payment towards arrears in that time you need to call them in order to get early release of funds.

Clear as mud?

That would only work if he is not garnishing but voluntarily paying, which (Im not sure with those on centrelink) but most others can elect to do even with poor payment history .

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally dont get the child support system OP sorry. Something similar happened to us however a few months back and then all of a sudden I got a few big amounts deposited and it sorted itself out.