+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No smacking in this family.

Reasons i were smacked as a child; not listening, touching things i shouldnt, not eating my vegies, complaining, being too loud, squabbling with my siblings etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When we get to the count of 3 on a serious, non-negotiable issue where timeout is not possible at that point in time as the consequence. An example is screaming, thrashing around, biting, scratching when I'm trying to get him in his car seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No smacking here either. I have tapped his hand when he was younger if he was doing things that were dangerous, but I do mean a gentle tap to get his attention. Not a smack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    No smacking here either. I have tapped his hand when he was younger if he was doing things that were dangerous, but I do mean a gentle tap to get his attention. Not a smack.
    See, I count that as smacking, and that is what I have done.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (18-06-2012),HugsBunny  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In the few times I have given a smack it has been mainly due to safety...

I was never big on smacking anyway, but thanks to BH, it has given me the knowledge that it's not ok to smack....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't smack DD. As a child, my dad would smack us when we misbehaved badly enough that he lost his temper. He once hit me so hard with a hairbrush I had a black bruise on my leg for a month. I have therefore always associated smacking with uncontrollable anger rather than discipline/teaching/directing.

I do yell a lot though

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When there is a safety issue or when one or the other purposely hurts the other try get a smack on the bottom then put into time out. When timeout is finished I explain what they did Wrong, give a cuddle and kiss then they have to say sorry.
    They only get a small smack on the bum and only once.
    I norm use the 123 way when I get to 3 (even 2) they bolt lol if I do get to 3 it's then a time out.

I was smacked when I was small with a wooden spoon. I would never ever use one on mine. They very rarely get smacks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Safety and if they are doing sonething wrong on purpose and they know its wrong after several warnings. My kids push boundaries and smacking always stops them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I smacked my DD1 once when she kicked me while I was changing her nappy. She was about 2.5y/o at the time. I felt so bad that I actually cried. The look on her face was of pure shock and hurt. Straight away she cried and came for a cuddle. I hope never ever to to do it again. I wasn't smacked as a child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post
    The only time I ever smacked my dd was when she bit me while breastfeeding when she was a toddler. It hurt me so bad the smack was my natural reaction to get her off. I felt awful about it but she has never bitten me since.

Otherwise I don't smack at all. I think there is always other options at any age.
    LOL I was going to say nothing but I must admit I've smacked jasper when he clamped down in my nipple - fast asleep - nearly three years old. It wasn't a bite, his jaw just clamped shut. Yeah I shrieked and smacked him. I pretty much aimed for the head.

He didnt even wake up though. He did let go!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub