+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I also have a cleaner, $60 a fortnight to make my life way easier, worth every dollar, she does the bathrooms, oven, windows, dusting and a big vacuum/mop every week (1.5 hours a week). They're jobs I found hard to do with the kids, I can do washing, vacuuming and general tidying with them around quite easily or quickly while they nap. It was cheaper (and better) than putting them in child care to get it done.
    $60 a fortnight is pretty good! How did you find your cleaner? Is it a company or a personal recommendation? I've had issues with companies in the past. Just didn't really feel they were worth what they got paid. Maybe I was just unlucky with the particular cleaners they sent?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    Let us know how the vacuum cleaner works! I want one but I'd want to make sure it works well before I'd fork out the coin.
    I've had my roomba for a few weeks now and absolutely love it! It doesn't get 100% but keeps the floors looking good between proper vacuums. Plus - because you can schedule it, it can do it in the middle of the night or during the day while you're out so you come home to nice floors. They also do a mopping one, which I didn't realise at first. I would love to test these out as I hate mopping more than vacuuming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmie View Post
    $60 a fortnight is pretty good! How did you find your cleaner? Is it a company or a personal recommendation? I've had issues with companies in the past. Just didn't really feel they were worth what they got paid. Maybe I was just unlucky with the particular cleaners they sent?
    I got mine from a personal recommendation. She gets $20 an hour and does 4 houses in our complex, so it's worthwhile for her to come for an hour and a half a week. She gets stuck right in and doesn't chat or dawdle about.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmie View Post
    I'm expecting bub #2 in 6 weeks, and have recently purchased an iRobot Roomba (auto vacuum cleaner) and just ordered a thermomix today (can't wait!).

I would also LOOOVE to get a cleaner, but will have to wait until I'm back at work for that one ($$)

Just wondering what others have or will be doing to help make their lives a bit easier with bubby on the way.

Am I just being lazy?! I have sooo much more appreciation for my mum who raised 3 kids, worked crazy hours in the family business and kept the house spick and span whilst putting a spread of 3-4 dishes on for dinner on a regular basis. I have no idea how she did it! (love you mum!)
    We're did u order the thermomix? An that snazzy vacume? They sound wonderful!