+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hers&Hers View Post
    I was smacked and i really dont despice it, usually with a tree branch. It never embarassed or huniliated me because it was never in public or with an audience, i was smacked till about 13. My kids get smacked with a wooden spoon for DD and sometines tree branch for DS, it works i have never smacked them more than two occasions for doing the same incident, they always know its coming i tell them no a certain amount of time and then it comes. When i will stop will depend on them.
    Wow. That seems extreme to me (I imagining a mum racing outside to rip a tree branch down to whack a naughty kid with). Or do you have a branch inside specifically for that purpose?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hannahyl yes there is and they know where it is and its purpose. When i was young my gram used to make us go get it ourselves i suspect soon my kids will be doing that too. I truly never hit them in anger, its discplinary if i find myself angry at them i dont smack them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hannahyl yes there is and they know where it is and its purpose. When i was young my gram used to make us go get it ourselves i suspect soon my kids will be doing that too. I truly never hit them in anger, its discplinary if i find myself angry at them i dont smack them.
    Thanks for responding. I am anti-smacking, but must say I don't think I have winning grades with my discipline efforts. I find it bloody hard work - I'm just not into conflict/screaming etc, but I wonder if my kids have slack discipline because of that.

Tbh I prefer your gram's method of making you fetch your own whacking stick - it is giving everyone time to diffuse the situation and have some 'thinking time' before the disciplinary action is meted out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any discipline given in anger won't work.

Im ok with a slap on a nappied bum with a stern no but found I just didnt have cause to do that much. My daughter is seven and it would be more than 4 years since I smacked her. There are many more effective discipline methods I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hannahyl it really did work, sometimes when i get back she wouldnt smack me because i would have thought through it and well and truly feel sorry for what i did. Just because you use a stick doesnt make it harder than a hand infact a hand could be more painful, neither one of my kids have cried for more than a minute when smacked, they only ever smacked on bum and fully dressed, i dont go all hard on them they never have any marks or bruising and they learn something from it. As i did too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was smacked and i really dont despice it, usually with a tree branch. It never embarassed or huniliated me because it was never in public or with an audience, i was smacked till about 13. My kids get smacked with a wooden spoon for DD and sometines tree branch for DS, it works i have never smacked them more than two occasions for doing the same incident, they always know its coming i tell them no a certain amount of time and then it comes. When i will stop will depend on them.
    Im shocked someone would find this type of punishment ok. Thats abuse. If i saw you do it i would report you to the police.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (17-06-2012),austmum  (17-06-2012),Guest1234  (18-06-2012),jez  (18-06-2012),Lillynix  (18-06-2012),Mod-Myztik  (17-06-2012),Sindrii  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to say this thread has shocked me. It has made me very uncomftable. Imagine if i went around hitting people with sticks? I cant see how its sets a good example. If i seen a child being hit with a stick i would be very distressed

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (18-06-2012),jez  (18-06-2012),Lincolns mummy  (17-06-2012),VicPark  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can i ask hers&hers if ur child hit another child with a stick a) what would you say to them? and b) How would you punish / discipline them?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by ShanandBoc; 17-06-2012 at 23:09.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (17-06-2012),Guest1234  (18-06-2012),Lincolns mummy  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know yet what I would do. Probably light smack on clothed bum or on their hand - but not hard, more a firm tap. I guess enough to make sound, but not really hurt. Coupled with a firm "no" or "naughty".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shanandboc i dont just get up and smack them when i see them do something wrong, i tell them no, i even use time out/naughty corner. But after several attempts they still do it KNOWING what they are doing is wrong then they get smacked. To answer your question i tell him what he did was wrong, never to do it again and to apologise and he will probably get time out.