+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child care rebate for prep?

Talking to a mum at a kids party today and she said a friend told her that you are eligible for the 50% rebate on prep fees? Because prep isn't compulsory it is considered like long day care etc.... So can anyone shed any light on this? A quick google search didn't reveal much :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Minimal CCB applies, but no rebate. The paperwork and time involved in arranging the CCB was not worth it because it was around $5/week.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    wow .. never heard anything about this - and DS1 is in grade one now ..

I know you can claim school fees (the levy you pay) on your tax .. (although is that different this year since we are getting the one off payments per child??)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting... Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am pretty sure it is only until your child turns 5. We could claim it for ds2 for half the prep year because he was 4 until the 23rd of June. I could be wrong about that but that is what I remember...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    I am pretty sure it is only until your child turns 5. We could claim it for ds2 for half the prep year because he was 4 until the 23rd of June. I could be wrong about that but that is what I remember...
    My daughter turned 6 in August in Prep and CCB could apply but it wasn't worth the hassle because I was doing battle with after school care and working and it was a tiny amount compared to the school fees.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's not 50% but yes, you can claim. You need to meet the work/study test and you can claim for each term after you have paid your term fees and your child attends the term....this is what I can remember from our school newsletter at least. It's registered care you are claiming.
    You need to let your school office know that you need the receipts for Registered Care as it's a different receipt to the one you normally receive when you pay your fees each term.
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 17-06-2012 at 20:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies not sure if I can be bothered looking into it any further but it's good to know it's somewhat true. Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    My daughter turned 6 in August in Prep and CCB could apply but it wasn't worth the hassle because I was doing battle with after school care and working and it was a tiny amount compared to the school fees.
    OH ok, yeah the school told us what I said above but it's probably wrong. We didn't claim it or look into any further either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a pretty simple form and I was paying $400 a term so it was worth submitting, although I never did for the second term as they never forwarded the invoices... anyways.... you have to have the forms in for the financial year the child attended.

The rebate comes under registered care, which I also looked into back then. For families that are paying there friends or family to look after their kids while they work in some circumstances the carer was able to apply for the registered care status, therefore being able to claim some payment back.