+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Labor/baby signs or just normal?

Hi guys,
    This is my first pregnancy/baby and wondering if some other mums can help me tell if I really am getting signs of labor coming soon or I'm just reading too much into the normal 'third trimester pains'.

For the last three to four days I've been getting pretty painful BH and really sharp lower back pain. Also for about the same time have had pinkish colored discharge (possibly tmi) :S with some spots of blood in it. Would you say this is my 'bloody show'?

I have no family I can ask and don't have any friends that have any kids at all, and I don't particularly want to ring the dr or hospital over 'nothing'. Just after some opinions of others who may know better than me, and if these are signs of labor, possibly how long can they go on for before the little one arrives??

TIA
    Tam

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting I'm sure someone with mre experience than me will answer (this is my first baby as well) but personally I would call the hospital. They really don't mind, it's their job after all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like ur in prelabour but could be days before anything pops or could be hours. Although it does sound luke ur had ur bloody show and if it get more then yep labour will happen soon try taking some panadol and get some sleep cause u wont be having much of it soon. Also make sure once in labour keep walking around it will help speed up the process but sitting or laying down will slow it down. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi do you know where your placenta is located? I had a small bleed in my 3rd trimester and when I called KEMH they said only to worry if it was more than a tablespoon how far along are you? Can you feel bub moving around as usual, baring mind they tend to more around more in the night at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It sounds like you have some happenings but it could be a while yet. Definitely ring your hospy though if you have questions, trust me, they are used to getting heaps of calls about heaps of things, it is their job and most of the time you'll find they can put your mind at ease just by listening to you. Try and get some rest even if those BHs are keeping you from sleep. You're gonna need it soon enough and you're gonna miss it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies!!

Im 37 weeks today. Yeah It's definately not a 'bleed' as such but more just pink discharge if that makes sense? I did have a decent size bleed a little while ago but it was just blood more like a period (this was all checked out and all is fine). Placenta is in normal position and haven't had and other complications.

Have double check my hospital bags today but maybe thought I was reading into things too much as I have no idea what should be happening....

Would you agree then in the next week or so I should expect labor?
    Is it likely these symptoms could continue/worsen for multiple weeks??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really nervous!!! But excited too!!!
    (if you can't tell by my million questions).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post
    Last edited by TamsFam; 28-06-2012 at 14:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in prelabour for about a week and the back pain gets alot worse and hip pain also. The discharge becomes more frequet and more of it also becomes thicker. Best thing to do is sleep with pillow between ur legs and also get lots of back rubs!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in the same position (at 35w) - my cervix has shortened to 1cm, discharge has increased HUGELY (but no blood) and lower abdominal and back pain is incessant.

Braxton hicks are happening all the time (like whenever I move or change positions) but not regular or painful enough to be thought of as real contractions! I don't think it's labour but I definitely think it's pre-labour. (or what I understand prelabour to be)

Not sure how much longer little bub will want to stick in there...fingers crossed we last the next fortnight without too many niggly pains! Has anyone's early pains like this lasted a few weeks?