+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Thanks - I love the idea of the pretty cloth pads but think I would lose them too! Think I bought a box of washable ones somewhere, will have to dig them out and have a look.
    Also have some hydrogel ones - what are they designed for??
    I used Hydrogel pads for cracked nipples in the beginning but found the cooling seemed to lessen the leaking and so I wore them during the day and disposables at night

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Bamboo washable ones from Ebay. I only leaked for the first couple of months though. I loved my boob pads though! They were cute (My favs were the leopard print)

I used to wash them in my lingerie washbag so couldn't lose them.
    Last edited by emzluvbub; 18-06-2012 at 19:35.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great topic, I have been searching for info like this for the last week. Wow I had no idea u can go thru this many. I will have to start stocking up on some of the ones suggested above.

This may be a totally stupid Question about the gel discs, but do u put them in the fridge to store them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post

This may be a totally stupid Question about the gel discs, but do u put them in the fridge to store them?
    I didn't no but Im sure you could try it, might be a little too cold though!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used the silicone stick on pads, called Lilypadz (there are reviews in the review section if you would like to see a couple of reviews). They work by putting constant pressure on the nipple, and they really do work. You just wash them with liquid soap at the end of each day and of course they're very discreet because it's just a thin disc of silicone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I didnt know you could get silicone ones! Whats the theory behind putting pressure on the nipple?

I have tried the hydrogel ones when I was getting engorged and kept them in the fridge-bliss!

I did try a sample think it was a pigeon brand and it was small and shaped really well but cant find it in the shops now - I bought a large box of pigeon pads from Woollies bit it wasnt the same as the sample

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used the lillypadz and they didn't work well enough for me. I still managed to leak a bit so there would be a little bit of fluid trapped. This may have contributed to me developing thrush, I'm not sure but I won't use them again. They do get good reviews though so it probably just depends on your body.

I used the Johnson and Johnson disposable pads because I liked that they were shaped so protected my nipple a bit. They are pretty expensive though and I didn't like any others so I will get some cloth ones next time. I had my baby in Holland and they had great disposable breast pads which were also cheap. It's a pity we don't have the same but it's better for the environment to use cloth. I hope I like them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also using the J & J Ultraform ones. I have 3 kinds of cloth ones but my boobies are too small and I get big puckers as the cloth pads are flat. I do hage the Tommee Tippee ones, and while they are more of a dome shape I find the material scratchy on my nipples. Also have tried Coles cheapys and theyalso pucker as they are flat and feel itchy. Rite Aid are like the Coles ones but are softer so not itchy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like the jj ones for nights and right aid for day. I tried cloth, the same ones as emluvzbub, but I always leaked through them in no time. What a pain! I'm at 8 months and still need them 24/7.