+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicajane86 View Post
    Is it big enough to do a big dinner, plus leftovers? Do you use it daily?
    :
    The dinners make enough for both my girls to have one decent portion, DF two serves and me 1-2 serves with 1-2 serves worth of leftovers. I use it daily I make the girls oats in it in the morning, then dinner at night, as well as any baking etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

missjess86  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have anolon range. They come with lifetime guarantee which does work! If something happens you send it away and they will replace faulty pans.
    I would buy at myer during a sale! Or a kitchen shop when having a sale.

As for the cast iron pots ... I have a Jamie Oliver one. It's great. But they are big and heavy. I have a smaller type one, much cheaper that you can put on gas hob then in oven. It's fantastic. I use it at least twice a week. Way more than my Jamie Oliver one. Just for convenience. I think it's circulon brand.
    So anyway... A good few expensive ones does make a difference I think.
    I'm also thinking of buying a thermomix though!!!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It does do a lot doesn't it.. Im going to assume you have one Thermolicious, from your name Is it big enough to do a big dinner, plus leftovers? Do you use it daily?

It probably doesnt hurt to have the Thermomix plus some good quality pots and pans. Are scanpan really good? Iv heard conflicting reports, but I guess you get that with every brand.

Just trying to research what I get as it will probably end up being quite expensive when I include the Thermomix
    I have one I've had it for 2.5 years it does enough for 6 people (most recipes call for 500g of meat which is a good way to gauge I find as different families eat different amounts) I do generally use it everyday somedays it's just for dinner somedays I don't use it for dinner at all other days I use it 4-5 times it really depends what's on my menu and how I feel like cooking. If I am having a really hectic day I love to be able to whip up dinner in 20min (only 5 minor prep).

Have you had a demo? It's a really good way to see it for yourself

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

missjess86  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a demo request on their website today, so hopefully monday they will call, or ill call them. Pretty sure you lovely ladies have me sold on the Thermomix, although I might still play hard to get with the sales lady

Think ill also get some Le Creuset, oven wear. Oh this is so exciting! 2 years ago I would of laughed if someone told me this would be so exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bahaha! Do you use them all though?
    Actually, yes I do. The only thing I'm not using at the moment is the icecream maker because it's cold and we don't eat icecream this time of year...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

missjess86  (17-06-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The thing that turned me off it was I housesat for my aunt who has one and I cooked in it every night and honestly, nothing tasted as good as my own recipes! And I hate following recipes too.

I think it'd be good for juices, ice cream and milling things but otherwise I'm happy to do everything old school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perfect then I have all that sort of thing in my cupboards, minus the ice cream maker and bread maker.

Ooh i just found Le Creuset on sale!! Shopping time!

http://www.teddingtons.com.au/french...pAodADzV1g&p=3

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    The thing that turned me off it was I housesat for my aunt who has one and I cooked in it every night and honestly, nothing tasted as good as my own recipes! And I hate following recipes too.

I think it'd be good for juices, ice cream and milling things but otherwise I'm happy to do everything old school
    Ah I found I followed recipes for a few months but I'm a chucker-in-er when I cook, once you get the basics down pat it's so easy to make your own recipes (concoctions) and adjust stuff to suit your family

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post

This is what I think too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Ah I found I followed recipes for a few months but I'm a chucker-in-er when I cook, once you get the basics down pat it's so easy to make your own recipes (concoctions) and adjust stuff to suit your family
    This