+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Excellent Quality Cooking pots and pans instead of thermomix?

Hi Ladies,

Iv been considered getting the thermomix, I think because of all the hype, but then I do enjoy cooking.

Wouldn't a good quality food processor, pots and pans, and a slow cooker do it?

What are some good pots and pans, and food processors? I want to get GREAT ones, that will last me forever, an investment, if you will?

I need to set up my kitchen properly

Jess

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep I am in the same boat! I have a Breville Slow Cooker (which is great) and a Cusinart Mixer, a good Le Chasseur pot and then saucepans and fry pans are Scanpan which I love!

Expensive but totally worth it - will last forever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

missjess86  (17-06-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A food processor, bench mixer, steamer, rice cooker, slow cooker, ice cream machine (that does sorbet too), grinder, juicer should cover all the functions of a thermomix...I suppose if you like standing stirring stuff you could invest in some scanpan saucepans and frying pans they are my favourite

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (17-06-2012),missjess86  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does do a lot doesn't it.. Im going to assume you have one Thermolicious, from your name Is it big enough to do a big dinner, plus leftovers? Do you use it daily?

It probably doesnt hurt to have the Thermomix plus some good quality pots and pans. Are scanpan really good? Iv heard conflicting reports, but I guess you get that with every brand.

Just trying to research what I get as it will probably end up being quite expensive when I include the Thermomix

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    A food processor, bench mixer, steamer, rice cooker, slow cooker, ice cream machine (that does sorbet too), grinder, juicer should cover all the functions of a thermomix...I suppose if you like standing stirring stuff you could invest in some scanpan saucepans and frying pans they are my favourite

Is it sad that I do actually have one of each of those? And a bread maker? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bahaha! Do you use them all though?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought a Kenwood Prospero which is the lesser known, poor-cousin of the Kenwood chef. I really like it. It is stand mixer that has attachments including a food processor, blender, juicer and mincer. The total cost of all of this is probably about $500. The Chef is more expensive but also more powerful (and you can also get an ice cream maker for it), and I daresay would last a lot longer but I just didn't have the money for it. I love it it though - when I make home made pizza I have my pizza dough rising in the bowl of the stand mixer waiting to knead while I slice and grate my toppings. It works well for me.

If I could afford them I would ideally get LeCreuset pots and pans. I will just have to keep on dreaming for now.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 17-06-2012 at 17:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually Im thinking for pots and pans and casserole dishes le Creuset?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    If I could afford them I would ideally get LeCreuset pots and pans. I will just have to keep on dreaming for now.
    Yes! You like them? Thats what iv been thinking, they sound amazing

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    Is it sad that I do actually have one of each of those? And a bread maker? Lol
    Oops I forgot the breadmaker